CC3D - OpLink Mini
« on: February 11, 2016, 06:15:37 pm »
Is there a way to connect the OpLink Mini to the CC3D for telemetry?
I want to install it on my quad, with a GPS receiver, so I have real time location on the quad while flying FPV, in case of video signnal loss aka. CRASH.
Is it possible?

f5soh

• LibrePilot

Re: CC3D - OpLink Mini
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 08:02:14 am »
I have the folowing kit.
It has a wide connector for the AIR oplink, and that connector fits just the receiver connector on the CC3D.
I was hopping there is a way to connect just part of that wide connector in the Flexi or Main port of the CC3D, and have the GPS in the other.
But I can't find any reference to this kind of setup.

hwh

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 04:51:09 pm »
The "oplink air" is a Chinese invention.  It's only good for their mini-revo that doesn't have the oplink built in and has a matching wide connector.  It's not "really" an oplink, it doesn't have it's own cpu, essentially it's just a board with an RFM22b on it.

The other oplink in the kit is a normal one and could be used with the cc3d but then you'd have to buy another one to use on the ground.

Mateusz

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 05:19:51 pm »
I have the folowing kit.
It has a wide connector for the AIR oplink, and that connector fits just the receiver connector on the CC3D.
I was hopping there is a way to connect just part of that wide connector in the Flexi or Main port of the CC3D, and have the GPS in the other.
But I can't find any reference to this kind of setup.

I wouldn't buy it before checking for compatibility or asking, unless your intention is to contribute the code supporting it, which in fact could be an interesting small project.
Otherwise I would try to return it to the manufacturer, if you feel this product does not meet with your expectations.

Real oplink has micro-controller which can be programmed, so it can be used inside Taranis or some other transmitters as module. If you have Revo those have OPlink module already built-in, then you would not need additional receiver moutned on the aircraft. That frees up one port and reduces weight of aircraft.
These mini-air look buiky. Revo has also connection for much lighter and smaller antenna.

What you need is one OPlink that connects over USB to laptop, and either Revo (that has builtin oplink) or another real oplink to connect to CC3D.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:23:06 pm by Mateusz »