Motors Shut Off When Rolling
« on: February 11, 2016, 06:32:39 am »
I have 2 quads setup identical as far as I can tell. One rolls great. When I try to roll the other quad, the motors shut off completely as it goes inverted. I have to cut, then punch the throttle to restart the motors and recover. I don't see anything different in the settings. What am I missing?

Re: Motors Shut Off When Rolling
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 02:28:17 pm »
Check the tab that you can set flight modes. (Sounds like maybe cruise control on throttle) maybe. And check the expert tab in stabilization page and look at the cruise control settings. But I could be totally wrong. Hopefully somebody else will chime in that has more knowledge

What mode are you rolling in. Rattitude, rate or acro+?
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 10:40:55 pm »
In this mode I'm using rattitude, ratttitude, rates and I believe throttle is set to manual but I'll go in and check that. Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 06:12:33 am »
I'm not really sure because I don't use it. But I'll tell you a way to solve it. I run an idle up switch. So my motors never stop even at the lowest stick position. By putting it on a Switch it makes it so you can have your motors on or off after you arm.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 02:07:29 pm »
Morning, I was having a similar issue and after checking it good I realized that my lemon RX was making contact with the Carbon fibre above it.  Basicly the carbon fibre is conductive and it would shut off. Fly it calmly absolutly no issue.  The mounting had come loose in a crash and upside down it would move.  Just a thought and it might not have anything to do with your problem.  I run a throttle hold as well.  Throttle off is set to 7% which is the lowest point blade turn smothly.
VDQ250 built by me.  Yes that imitation 550 cord and it was a pain to get over the wires and solder.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 09:10:10 pm »
Maybe I'll try an idle up setting. I just don't understand why the tweaker 180 works fine and the other 2 quads don't. Someone else mentioned the programming in the ESCs but since I know nothing of that, I'll have to do some research.

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 10:39:20 pm »
After further research it doesn't have anything to do with rolling or flipping. Anytime I push the control stick full travel, the motors shut off. Pitch, yaw or roll and any flight mode i'm in. If I let the stick off just a bit the motors start right up. Something seems to be stopping the quad from going to full rates. I've tried it in attitude, rattitude and rates. Is there some setting in Libre Pilot that is stopping me from going 100%

jbarchuk

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 10:53:30 pm »
Please name your AUW, motor manufacturer and numbers, ESC rating, prop dimensions, and battery cells, mAh and C.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 10:54:20 pm »
Looks really strange, please post your config file.
File > Export UAV settings

So full Yaw while hovering stop motors ?

Thanks,
Laurent

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 03:37:26 am »
Yaw, pitch or roll. Any full travel movement with the control stick will cut the motors.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 07:07:28 am »
Ok, please post your config file.
File > Export UAV settings

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 07:36:33 am »
Not quite sure how to do that. I exported the file to my download folder but it saves it as a file with the extension .uav and I don't seem to be able to open it. (Sorry, I fairly new at this.)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 06:08:44 pm »
I don't ask you for open the config file but post here.

Just bellow the area where you are typing the message there is an option for file attachment.

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 06:21:19 pm »
I fixed the problem. I cleared everything out last night and went through the entire setup again. I have the exact same settings and today I took it out and it rolls and flips like a champ. The problem is gone. I'm suspecting it was either a glitch in the programming or possibly the transmitter calibration.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 06:26:53 pm »
You need to connect the CC3D to computer prior to export settings. :)