lsav8r

Tilt opposite to screen
« on: February 10, 2016, 10:30:49 pm »
When I tilt the quad to the right, the indicator (artificial horizon) shows a tilt to the left and I dont know what is causing it. I tried to reverse the function of the roll stick in the software but it did nothing. I am beside myself on this one.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Tilt opposite to screen
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 10:39:53 pm »
Hi,

The horizon moves like if you were seated in the aircraft.

Screenshot attached show a roll left, blue is sky and maroon earth

Roll stick is for Rc command, it changes nothing about Attitude state from sensors.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 11:23:44 pm »
Is your board mounted with arrow pointed forward? Usb to the rear. If you rotated it facing back or to one side or another(usb facing any other direction but to the rear) you need to tell the ground station you rotated it.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

lsav8r

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 12:57:49 am »
I guess I should explain a few things. 1. I have been in the hobby since 1971
2.Owned my own Hobby Shop for 13 years (1990 to 2003) (unfortunately before all this flight control stuff)
3.Licensed pilot (thus I am aware of what is happening when the artificial horizon moves)

Now to the issue at hand. The quad is a Echine250 racer ARF and it responds to tilting on the roll axis in the opposite way that it should. in other words when banking left the AH shows it is banking to the right. I have little if any experience with FC's so if someone could explain to me just exactly what I need to do to correct this it would be greatly appreciated.

lucas

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 03:16:18 am »
Hi lsav8r, it´s common practice in the forums to assume everything is user error and that everyone is a total nOOb.  So don´t take it personally  ;D ;D

If  you point the nose of the airframe upwards, but the horizon reflects you are pointing it downwards, and if you tilt your ship to the left it shows as if you were tilting it to the right.  It means your Flight Controller is 180° rotated in the yaw axis.

The simple solution is go to the attitude tab and under "Rotate virtual attitude relative to the board" change the value for Yaw for 180 and hit SAVE.

Then try again.

hwh

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 03:20:13 am »
When I tilt the quad to the right, the indicator (artificial horizon) shows a tilt to the left and I dont know what is causing it. I tried to reverse the function of the roll stick in the software but it did nothing. I am beside myself on this one.

To be clear, with the quad facing away from you and the right edge lower than the left edge the artificial horizon shows the same as the picture f5soh posted?

There are two things that would cause that, the fc board turned 180 degrees from the way it's supposed to be mounted or the setting for board rotation in the gcs software being set to 180 when the board is actually facing the correct way.

If the fc is a cc3d as the banggood page says the servo connectors should be on the right side with the vehicle pointing away from you and the two small (4 pin) connectors and usb connector should face the rear.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:26:38 am by hwh »

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 04:03:13 am »
Attitude tab. Top section. 3 selections. Virtual attitude of board in relation to your craft. Set yaw to 180, hit save and retest. If not try -180. You need to tell the software which direction your board is facing. Cc3d has an arrow on the top that usually points toward the front.

5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 03:20:19 pm »
I guess I should explain a few things. 1. I have been in the hobby since 1971
2.Owned my own Hobby Shop for 13 years (1990 to 2003) (unfortunately before all this flight control stuff)
3.Licensed pilot (thus I am aware of what is happening when the artificial horizon moves)

Hello again,

Sorry about the "too idiot" info i previously post for you.

If you want to adjust your board orientation:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Attitude+Configuration

Take a look at the orientation table.
Some custom CC3D have the sensor already rotated, just change orientation to match normal behavior.

lsav8r

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 03:29:11 am »
Didnt do anything but hook up the machine and everything is good. know if the wind would cooperate I might be able to see if its all good.