Re: Weird Magnetometer readings
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2016, 08:45:17 pm »
Bringing this discussion back to OPS issues, I have a uBlox neo 6m GPS hooked up to my revolution board and my mag sensor never stays calibrated. Even after twisting wire pairs and putting the GPS on a mast. I usually can't even take off. As soon as I switch the attitude algorithm to the GPS mode it stay calibrated until I move the drone.
Have we figured out a solution to this? I didn't really understand a lot of the previous discussion.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2016, 09:45:25 pm »
I don't understand your issue.
You talk about calibration that do not stay. Calibration is stored just after you did the Mag calibration if you hit the save button.

Do you mean Mag alarm ?
Which Mag are you using, internal or external ?

Roypw

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2016, 09:18:15 pm »
Here is the aux mag setup doc I wrote.  It was posted for FTT.  I will add it to wiki.

I tried your aux mag setup but when I got to auxmagsettings.type I only had GPSV9 and Ext! No Flexi/I2C.  Revo felt ctlr with Ubox Neo 7m with 4 pin connector in Flexi port configured as per you setup.  Help please

hwh

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2016, 09:34:13 pm »
The instructions for I2C require you to have compiled and be running the "next" branch of the software.  I2C mag sensor support isn't in the 15.09 release.

You put the 4 pin connector in the flexi port and the two wire one in the main port?  Or does your gps only have one connector?  To have an external mag with only one connector it would have to be either a V9 (aka Platinum) GPS or a Naza GPS.

Roypw

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2016, 06:48:21 am »
Sorry I don't see my reply if 2 days ago.  My GPS only has one connector, 4 pin.  Don't think I am into compiling code so I guess my only option is to wait for the GPS features to work?  Any info on when it will be released?

Thanks for the help, really means a lot to a newbe like me. Just so much to learn and an issue like this can eat up a lot of time I could be flying

hwh

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2016, 07:50:33 am »
If it only has one 4 pin connector it would have to be either an OpenPilot Platinum (aka V9) gps or a DJI Naza gps (or clone) to work as an external mag.  If you had either one you'd probably know.

Some of the gps units that only have one 4 pin connector but were sold as having a compass have the chip inside but they didn't supply the wires for some reason I've never understood.  If you open the gps case and post a picture of the board we can tell you if the chip is there and just needs a cable soldered on.  The chip is a tiny 3mm (about 1/10th inch) square chip usually labeled either L883 or A983.

As far as gps, any Neo-7 should work now.  Plug it into either port and set that port to gps/57600/ubx.  The revo should configure the gps when it boots up.  A usb connection alone doesn't supply power to the gps, you need a battery hooked up before the usb.

There is no announced date for the next release as far as I know.