osd
« on: February 10, 2016, 04:48:01 pm »
Hi all,

I am trying to set up a odd screen display.  I have followed the wiki instructions to the letter.

The problem that I am having is that I can get a picture on both goggles and screen which look ok.  I have a horizon bar going across the centre of the screen.  As soon as I move the quad and the horizon bar moves the characters go all mushed up, just sorting random charactors instead of a bar going across the screen.

Are there any further charactor sets that I could used.

Cheers,

Fred

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: osd
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 05:59:33 pm »

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 09:15:33 pm »

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 09:18:53 pm »
Yes, looks like the charset do not match.

Look the wiki page:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MinOPOSD+setup#MinOPOSDsetup-Updatecharsetcharsetupdate

Again thanks for the link, the link is the page I used and followed all the possible downloads.  Could it be possible that I have a defective osd gizmo.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 09:36:13 pm »
If you use firmware and charset from wiki you should not have any character issue.

Are you sure you updated successfully the charset ?

In some OSD, the video chip and arduino cpu are not powered with the same source.
Sometimes video chip is powered using the 12V from in/out video connector and needed because charset is uploaded on video chip.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 01:29:00 am »
I just noticed something on the wiki...and i'm surprised no one has mentioned this before (maybe someone has, but I hadn't looked either)...
and unless i'm mistaken.. this flexiio port diagram is showing 10 pins when the actual connector has 8
and combridge is not an option on the Rx port.

(on my Revo nano)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:20:34 am by Thrasher »

hwh

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 03:04:00 am »
The diagram is for a revo, not a revo nano.   The revo nano is very different from a full size revo.  Different connectors, different cpu, and lots of other differences.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 03:12:24 am »
ok, that makes sense.
can I run the osd off the rx port? or just the main/flexi?
with the v9 gps and osd, it'll force me to use a ppm rx vs sbus.