Storm Racing Drone SRD280 with Spektrum DX 8
« on: February 06, 2016, 06:10:26 am »
I recently purchased a storm SRD280 w/ CCD3  and bought a used Spectrum DX8. I bound it to a OrangeRx R615X DSM2/DSMX. I can adjust the ESCs in open pilot and I can bind the transmitter and receiver but when in the TX setup I can't get the sticks to register. What am I missing?

I'm new to RC and would appreciate some help.

Mateusz

Re: Storm Racing Drone SRD280 with Spektrum DX 8
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 08:54:24 am »
I recently purchased a storm SRD280 w/ CCD3  and bought a used Spectrum DX8. I bound it to a OrangeRx R615X DSM2/DSMX. I can adjust the ESCs in open pilot and I can bind the transmitter and receiver but when in the TX setup I can't get the sticks to register. What am I missing?

I'm new to RC and would appreciate some help.

I don't have Spectrum DX8, but by analogy, maybe this can help. I know that after binding my transmiter to receiver (other brand) I had to change settings on the transmitter to output ruder, alieron, elevator, etc... to certain channels. Maybe that also has to be done on DX8 ?

There is also nice wiki description and link to youtube movie how to get CC3D working with original Spectrum Satellite receiver. It might be similar with orange.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setup+a+Spektrum+Satellite

If that does not help, please write.

ernstock

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 10:12:49 pm »
Hi
Long shot , but I've had this when I've forgotten to connect battery for transmitter wizard set up.
( I also have small quads and a used dx8 - found an improvement when I changed from Orange rx to genuine spektrum ar610 )
Cheers

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 06:22:34 pm »

I don't have Spectrum DX8, but by analogy, maybe this can help. I know that after binding my transmiter to receiver (other brand) I had to change settings on the transmitter to output ruder, alieron, elevator, etc... to certain channels. Maybe that also has to be done on DX8 ?

There is also nice wiki description and link to youtube movie how to get CC3D working with original Spectrum Satellite receiver. It might be similar with orange.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setup+a+Spektrum+Satellite

If that does not help, please write.

Thank you. I have a feeling this is the issue just not sure how to go about changing those settings yet. I'll read the wiki and watch the video and get back to you. Thanks again.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 06:23:59 pm »
Hi
Long shot , but I've had this when I've forgotten to connect battery for transmitter wizard set up.
( I also have small quads and a used dx8 - found an improvement when I changed from Orange rx to genuine spektrum ar610 )
Cheers

Battery is connected. I have a few spektrum receivers but I'm missing the satellite. I may just have to purchase that if I can't get this going. 

ernstock

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 08:33:20 pm »
Hi
Another long shot :
( and yes , I've done this one as well !)
The servo plugs could be reversed where they plug into the rx.