charles

Locked out of cc3d No hardware tab no Rx signal
« on: February 01, 2016, 02:14:31 am »
I was poking around last night trying to find the method to use my quad and a usb cable to play freerider sim. I followed someones advice on how to send the signal through the board and to a control driver on my PC .Now when i plug in the board all i get is a little tiny bit of tx (value is 24 or 48 ) and zero RX. I know that I changed the drop downs in the gcs "hardware" tab but now nothing happens when i open that tab. I just get the message "This panel will be updated to provide the relevant controls to let you configure your hardware once telemetry is connected and running."

This is a direct quote from reddit with the advice and link that i followed.

Sure! It's not really obvious but pretty simple to setup. In GCS change USB HID port to the transmitter like here: http://i.imgur.com/QwVTb0K.png
Make sure to put telemetry on the usb vcp otherwise you cant manage the board easily anymore (it changes to serial over usb for management this way). If I recall correctly that was all that's required. Obviously power your receiver etc.
-End.

I would really appreciate any help you guys can offer I just got libre 2 days ago and I love it but I already lost a whole day of flying fiddling with this nonsense.
 So far I have recovered my PC to A week ago before any of this started and followed tons of advice for getting the cc3d to connect but nothing is helping.
 -Thanks a million - Charles

Re: Locked out of cc3d No hardware tab no Rx signal
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 08:40:25 am »
I'm no expert, but have you tried rescuing it? https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Rescue

Note that it says "When the Upgrade or Upgrade & Erase buttons don't work" - so I suggest trying that first.
With cc3d not connected, press Upgrade & Erase, then connect via usb and see the magic happen.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 10:18:57 am »

charles

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 02:41:47 pm »
Yes actually i did get it going again. I tried following the instructions that are given on that link for uninstalling driver and letting windows reinstall but still no joy.

The Fix:
 So i uninstalled the VCP driver package and reinstalled. Then i followed the instructions for upgrade and erase and it came back to life. I hope this helps someone else, happy flying.