At a loss
« on: January 31, 2016, 01:46:24 pm »
Hey everyone. Ive been flying my zmr 250 for around a year now and it flys fine but i want to be able to do flips and rolls now and every time i try to roll its more of a huge barrel roll lol, its a ZMR frame with 5mm thug arms running dys 1806 2300kv motors and 12a sky 3 escs with simonk. also im using the very bottom set of zmr pids in the setup page.
please could someone give me a simple explanation as to how to get it to flip and roll faster and also how to improve responsiveness in general. also i cannot use txpid as i am using a dx6i. thanks in advance.

Re: At a loss
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 04:35:37 pm »
Increase your rates. From say 360-400 degrees a second to 500-600 degrees a second. Or in acro+ increase your acro factor. Example acro+ factor of 47 is 470 degrees a second
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 04:47:34 pm »
Acro+ factor is a factor, and set how the stuff is responsive.
At full stick and Acro+ there is no limitation for rate in degrees/seconds, only hardware/power limitations.

ernstock

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 11:00:15 pm »
Hi ,
Sounds like a good quad from your description.
Be good to know what flight mode you are used to using , as in 'attitude' or 'rate'  , or 'ratitude'.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 07:19:46 pm »
Thanks guys i will try that when i get a minute. Have not touched the acro+ bar didnt really know what it did. I try and sit and understand what these things do and i think i over think it some times and confuse myself. Yeah tbh it flys really well in attitude mode and its pretty much identical in rate apart from it doesnt auto level. Tried rattitude with it just found the flips and rolls werent any different to rate. Slow and dropping like ten feet. Seems weird as the quad is agile and very responsive other than that.

ernstock

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 07:51:20 pm »
So it's down to numbers . for pitch and roll in 'rate ' what do you have the 'degrees per second' set at ?

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 08:27:00 pm »
They are at 280 in both

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 08:34:11 pm »
Think this is what u mean

ernstock

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 09:07:46 pm »
Well that's quite a tasty rate .
Ought to flip and roll ok. (?) although setting it higher and using expo may help.
There was a good guide to flips n rolls on openpilot forum.
You probably need to :
Give throttle a blip before manoeuvre so that the quad is ascending then drop throttle during the roll/flip ,but be ready to hit throttle again as soon as right way up.
Also use full stick (roll) .
Just for reference , I use acro+ (same as rate but enables the acro slider/function)
I use 360 on roll
And pitch , and 55 on acro+ , all with no expo.
My 250 quads will pretty much barrel roll in forward flight at 15ft of the ground.
Then of course I try lower , faster , and then I'm picking mud out the motors !