JohnC

Some satellite help needed please.
« on: January 27, 2016, 04:40:48 pm »
Somewhere I saw mention of this issue but I can't find it again. 

I have a Lemon DSMX which was working for a few flights.  I changed or updated some things and could not get it to work again.  I then went to the PWM with the harness and it flies great.  I would like to go back to the satellite.  I think my latest upgrade is the last OP one.  I think I read that there was a problem with it for satellites. 

When I go back into the setup pages I can see that even though I clicked the DSMX satellite it does not stay whereas the PWM will. 

The satellite appears to be fine.  I talked with the seller and he thought it was not the problem.
Is the latest upgrade from LibrePilot going to fix this? 
Thanks in advance.  John

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Some satellite help needed please.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 04:52:41 pm »

JohnC

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 09:52:07 pm »
Hi F5soh

I went through this sequence several times, checked videos and I must be missing some little thing. 
I get the bind sequence right and the satellite has a solid red light.  I go back and change the setting to 0 and save it all.  Disconnect everything, do a proper Tx, plug battery in and all I get are 3 or 4 beeps and no complete bind set of beeps. 

I fully upgraded to the latest software and reset the Rx to the satellite but when I went back to recheck it was not highlighted. 

I keep thinking I am so close but what it is the missing part?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 10:39:37 pm »
Sorry, don't know because never used DSM rx type.

The Rx lost the binding ?

JohnC

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 01:53:17 am »
Back and forth, through and around. 

I could not get my system to work with the instructions on the wiki.  I tried with a friend's Rx and no go. 
I finally went back to the Rx I was using bound it then added my Lemon satellite then hooked up just the satellite.  It was rapidly flashing as if it was in bind mode so I quickly turned off my Tx and pushed the bind button and started the bind.  It bound and flew.

I disconnected the battery then plugged it in again, no bind but the satellite was in bind mode so I did.  And it flew.  So this is the present pattern,  It does not make sense to me and should not be working this way. 

Any thoughts out there?

John 

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 07:58:27 am »
Witch port are you using ?

I remember some stuff need to be done on FlexiPort first time.

JohnC

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 04:46:57 pm »
I am using the Flexi port.  If I remember correctly one of the older videos suggested binding in the Flexi port then changing to the Main one.

The latest version from LP does not switch ports.

al

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 04:51:13 pm »
I am using lemon RX satellite, had to re-do the vehicle wizard to make it work