Jeuke26

Futaba with spring loaded throttle possible on CC3D
« on: January 27, 2016, 09:35:11 am »
Hello guys, yet another topic/question.

For my fully equipped aireal photographic drone I use my thrusty Futaba t8j with 8channel sbus receiver.

I'm thinking to buy another RX to link with my fpv quad instead of Pwm connection on the Spektrum gear.

However, my Futaba TX has a spring loaded throttle stick meaning that once in the air and releasing all sticks the throttle is in the middle and the drone ( Naza v2 ) stays put.

Is it possible to use the same setup in terms of the throttle stick to run through the setup wizard on Librepilot?

I mean when you arm the quad with the classic yaw + right commando normally your throttle is at zero. Mine would jump back to the middle possibly launching the little bugger. Or is the setup smart enough to "see" that mid stick is actually no throttle input and the range is from mid to full up stick input.

Thanks, yet again.

Philip

Jeuke26

Re: Futaba with spring loaded throttle possible on CC3D
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 05:47:14 pm »
Nobody? All these experts.....

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 11:29:58 pm »
It's quite possible to use it that way.  You don't just want the bottom half of the throttle stick to be unused and the middle to correspond to zero throttle.

At some points in setup you will have to hold the stick down.

It's as safe as a gun or a car driving down the road.  If you forget and don't follow proper procedure, something or someone could get hurt.

To arm it using the typical low throttle and right yaw, you would do exactly that, but if you release the stick after that it will jump to half throttle so you will probably want to be careful with that.

On Revo (not CC3D), Altitude Vario and GPS modes use mid throttle stick to mean "stay at this altitude" and a spring on the throttle actually makes sense for that.  These modes aren't available on CC3D which has no baro or GPS flight modes.

If you crash you will have to remember to hold the throttle stick low to keep the motors from spinning.

Jeuke26

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 03:24:47 pm »
Thanks for the response.

So if I understand correct, you actually can't use this setup cause the CC3d can't see mid stick as zero throttle and this can't be changed through any kind of setting.

So far correct?