Riz

CC3D or Revo?
« on: February 03, 2016, 07:57:12 am »
I am confused about my flight controller board. How can I determine this one is CC3D or Revo? I heard I cannot do the telemetry in normal CC3D! Any help would be appreciated.

Mateusz

Re: CC3D or Revo?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 08:14:54 am »
I am confused about my flight controller board. How can I determine this one is CC3D or Revo? I heard I cannot do the telemetry in normal CC3D! Any help would be appreciated.

Revo does not exist. It's chinese sellers that put those two names together to draw attention. It's either Revolution or CC3D.

The revolution board has the radio link module below and antenna connector at the top, barometer is also visable (see attached pictures for Revolution board).

CC3D is a great flight controller, just has different purpose then Revolution. CC3D is mostly used in racers where full-navigation is not needed, hence it does not have so powerful CPU and so much memory.

Riz

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:55:12 am »
Thanks a lot! So it's still possible to do the telemetry using the CC3D board right? (Adding OPLink modem and so on?)

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 09:37:39 am »
Thanks a lot! So it's still possible to do the telemetry using the CC3D board right? (Adding OPLink modem and so on?)

Yes, please check wiki for connecting OPlink to CC3D http://opwiki.readthedocs.org/en/latest/user_manual/oplink/cc.html
You can also use bluetooth module https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setup+a+bluetooth+for+telemetry

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 02:12:59 pm »
Hello, only for Information and just because i found no special thread...
I got my hands on a farwest rotors Falcon V1 FC, its currently in transit an i hope its in the mail next week. Its one of the second beta series and they say that they start selling the board at the end of march,  im curious to see what they did and if they can keep their promises.
Will make a review and some tests once it has arrived.

MazeVX

hwh

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 07:23:21 pm »
Looking at their website the picture is now of the v2 version.  Looks like a minor revision to use two discrete diodes instead of the two diodes in one package.  Unless they changed the connections between chips it looks like it would probably run the revo nano firmware.

It looks like a revo nano but in the original 36x36 form factor.  And probably with all the components on one side which makes it easier and cheaper to assemble.

You should probably start a new thread so people can find your posts about this board easier.  Or maybe someone with a moderator login could move these two messages to a new thread.

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 08:08:35 pm »
I will start a new thread when the board arrives and I start testing.
And yes components are the same as on the revo nano, or should be...we will see.
I think someone will buy the final version to, maybe me ;-)

MazeVX