Yes
3 (37.5%)
No
1 (12.5%)
I will wait till Feb 20
3 (37.5%)
Not in your life
0 (0%)
I will register my drone when you register your pressure cooker.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: January 03, 2016, 12:04:37 am

Re: FAA Registration
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 12:37:55 am »
looks like the AMa lost that one..
---------------------------------------

Members required to register with FAA

AMA members are now required by regulation to register their aircraft with the FAA to avoid federal enforcement and potential penalties. All Radio Control modelers must register aircraft weighing greater than 0.55 pounds online no later than February 19, 2016. The registration fee is $5. However, FAA is offering free registration when registering on or before midnight EST on January 21. Online registration can be accomplished on the FAA webpage at, RegisterMyUAS.faa.gov . Several AMA staff members and AMA leaders have been working with legal counsel and the FAA to find a solution for our members on the registration rule. To date, FAA has agreed in principle to several proposed initiatives that will help ease this process for our members in the future. Visit modelaircraft.org/gov to learn more.

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 05:40:33 pm »
So can anyone tell me(with references) who specifically is going to police this registration?

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 07:16:17 pm »
(Guesses)  Actually police it?  If you don't have either AMA or FAA, you will probably fly under the radar unless there is an accident or complaint.  If you have AMA but not FAA, I would bet that the FAA will force AMA to turn over it's list and will send out "reminders".

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 07:19:38 pm »
Does anyone know whether AMA will be required to ask a member's permission before disclosing anything about said member to FAA?

Kgb1

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 05:00:23 pm »
Does anyone know whether AMA will be required to ask a member's permission before disclosing anything about said member to FAA?

Seriously doubt it.  AMA HQ here in Indiana is only 58 minutes drive away from my driveway.  I registered myself(not aircraft/drone or whatever you want to call it) the second day of free registration knowing full well that AMA was fighting a loosing battle. I've been an AMA member for a very long time with only 4 digits AMA number. I am a  CD and Turbine waver CD  but I could not help but laugh when AMA told the membership at the beginning to hold off on registration as if they are working with FAA. AMA should know never to attempt negotiation with the terrorists ......sorry I mean FAA because it is a loosing battle.

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 09:52:14 pm »
I thought the registration was $5.00 I went today to check it out and it told me it was $25...wtf?

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 03:23:10 pm »
You went to the scam site, see here.
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=682.0

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 08:39:45 pm »
yeah, I figured it out pretty quickly