Paul-H

PPM out on CC3D what pin ?
« on: January 24, 2016, 12:26:12 pm »
Hi all

Very new to all this so sorry if its a stupid noobie question

During bench tests of my CC3D and radio equipment I have tried setups for both a Quad and a fixed wing aircraft but noticed that between these two setups the instructions show the PPM connection from the CC3D to the Receivers PPM port to be on different output wires, when setting up a quad its shown as on pin 8 but when setting up a fixed wing its shown as being pin 3.

Is that correct shouldn't  PPM out from the CC3d be on the same pin regardless, or am I missing something obvious.

Thanks for any help with this

Paul

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: PPM out on CC3D what pin ?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 12:41:49 pm »
Do you mean PPM In instead of PPM Out ?

The PPM pin3 is the old pin used, when the Oneshot was added we need to use other input pin for timing issues. (PPM on Pin8)

Because Fixed wing no need Oneshot, the fixed wing wizard still uses the pin3 but you can change to PPM_pin8_OneShot later in Hardware tab. For CC3D a PPM input can be set on FlexiPort also.

PPM pin3: Not OneShot compatible.

PPM pin8 or PPM FlexiPort: OneShot compatible.

Paul-H

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 07:35:48 pm »
Sorry yes PPM in to the CC3D  ::)

Thanks for the explanation.

Paul

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 03:08:37 pm »
hiya peeps
          i'm trying to add a cc3d and an ultra mini flysky rx to a cheap brushless quad called the jjrc x1, (the x1 has delayed yaw issues),
  For me as a complete beginner it's a magical mystery tour. I selected pin 8 for ppm as per LB diagram, and also selected 490hz for my unknown esc's. (i used x1's 4 in 1 esc board).
Now i have it flying a little but on input page LB says i have pwmsync, which i understand is better but i am baffled as to what this means, ie. is it telling me something about my esc's ability?.
    I have also noticed a slight drop in power output since swapping in the cc3d, the x1 is a 2s quad so i'm not sure LB can be expected to go that low as far as power is concerned. Lastly i cant find an obvious place to adjust my full throttle limit, i dont mean throttle curve itself i've seen some people chat about adjusting from 80% to 90% but i can't find where to adjust this in LB. Can anybody point me to the page on LB. I am alanmac on rcgroups and alan hennesy on youtube.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 03:29:33 pm »
If your esc are with Simonk firmware you can use PWMSyncr, if BLHeli you can set output to OneShot (assuming you still use PPM_Pin8 in both cases)

You don't need to adjust Throttle curve to 80 or 90%, it was needed to have some room for stabilisation, just set the max to 100% like default.

Go to Vehicle tab and hit Reset button close to Throttle curve.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 10:47:52 pm »
thanks for quick reply, yeah this is the default set up, but its not changing the overall output, i only have a 2s powered system and it feels slightly less powerful than it did before my mods,

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 11:38:13 pm »
Maybe calibrate the Esc ?
This can be done easily on Wizard. Remove props and follow instructions.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 01:51:18 am »
Hey guys sorry to jump in but I'm alittle confused I have a flysky fs-t6 I modded with the 3 way switch and I'm currently flying pwm on my currant esc's and my new little bees 20 a just showed up so in order to get oneshot I switch it on the gcs on the flight controller and I need to remove pin 3 and put it into pin8 ? Or does the gcs set it up for me? Sorry for the interrupting you tread

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 10:10:53 am »