Hi All,

Im in a situation where I need help:)

Following starting point:

I use a OpenPilot receiver CC3DAT and a Orange Receiver from Hobbyking (SF700S) with with Futaba sBUS Support and Futaba T10J.

Quesiton:

Where can I get a professional cable to connect the CC3DAT with my Receiver over sBUS?

I saw some videos that this cable need to be built by myself and I did it in that way with JR Servo kabel and the Data port plug in the following way.

Black wire to Back wire
Red wire to red wire
Blue wire to organge wire
The blue cable I cut.

I put the ECA in the Port 4 of the CC3DAT and connect both over the SBUS. I can see that my receiver is supplied with power and the lamp is green, which is great:)

Aftwards I follow the Wizward, I connected all three servos into my CC3DAT as shown in the wizard and I followed the instruction (min, middle, max) and I can see that all react properly.  Furthermore I put under technical setting also the Main Port as sBUS enabled

In the next steps I checked the Radio Control, but here Im have no reaction/control and I not able to control the servos over my remote control

For me it seems that the receiver doesnt sent signal to CC3DAT over the sBUS.

If I plug one servo back into my receiver directly I was able to control it.

Has it to do with the sbus cable, is something to be considered when linking the JR cable with plug? Is the linking of the color rights?

If someone can help me with simple explanation?

Best regards from germany, Markus

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
Re: Futaba sBUS and CC3D - Communication over sBUS- no Sender Control
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 10:32:47 am »
Hi
Can you explain what you mean with CC3DAT? Some pictures of your receiver when it is connected to the flight controller would probably help also. A picture says more than a thousand words :)
/Fredrik

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 11:44:46 am »
Hi Fredrik

I mean with CC3DATOM the receiver I bought the receiver together with the RC Receiver by Hobbyking.
It built normally for open pilot according to Hobbyking I suppose it will work with Libpre Pilot as well what I have lernt. I also updated the firmware when I move through the setup wizard in the control station.

Attached you will find some picture of the device I used and the cable.

Thanks for your help in that matter, perfekt.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 11:50:11 am »
see some picture more

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 11:51:07 am »
pictures

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 12:47:22 pm »
Hi
Your cable seem to be correct. Have you configured the Atom to have S.Bus support enabled on the Main port? You also need to power the Atom with something like a UBEC when testing since the receiver won't get any power while powering the Atom via USB. Maybe you do this, the pictures is not clear on that.
You can easily make a perfect serial cable from the receiver wire harness you got with the Atom and a 4 pin jst-sh cable. No soldering needed. Just take the leads from the receiver harness and move them around and use the 4 pin jst-sh connector instead of the 8 pin. I have done this many times.
/Fredrik

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 05:48:28 pm »
Hi Frederik

thanks for your prompt answer. In order to check and trust the receiver, I have now connected an original sBUS enabled Futaba receiver to my Futaba T10J from my HELI, but I have similar behavior. If I plug in the servo directly to my Receiver the servos are moving and controllable

Coming back to your questions, yes, I connected a batteriepack directly to ATOm and all devices have power (see picture green) and of course sBUS is set in the software.

Is the firmware the right for this ATOM? see picture or is something to be considered.

On System HEALH Overview I can see unterder I/O that Input is red. What does it means? Is that something wrong?

As I said, I have the impression that no SBUS Signal can be received by my SBUS.  :P

Markus

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 05:49:10 pm »

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 05:50:27 pm »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 06:19:49 pm »
The Red alarm means there is nothing configured in Rcinput.

Did you start the Tools > Transmitter wizard setup ?

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 06:49:40 pm »
Yes, first I connected technically everything with the sbus. I started the Libre Pilot GCS and started the wizard. The first message I received was that my firmware need to be updated and I did it, reboot etc. after that I followed the steps in the wizard, first Futaba sbus chosen, second fixed wing , Aileron single servo type, analog servos type, I checked the connection diagram, fine, SBUS is shown, I skipped the Output calibration for the engine, because I have have used a batterie back to be on the safety site, after that I checked the servos with min, max, middle everything was here fine, all servos were controllable over GCS software and moved, finally I pressed the save button and reboot, than I moved forward with transmitter setup wizard, but this failed, I was not able to control with my stick the servos. 

Is the detected board: OpenPilotCopter Control 3D the right one? The Board of the atom is smaller like RC Receiver.

For me it shows that the Receiver sbus is not able to communicate with the ATOM, power is on the receiver (green, see picture)

It's enough to drive one to despair  :'( :'(

Markus

Markus

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 07:00:02 pm »
CC3D or Atom should share the same schematic.

Be sure all pins are ok inside Atom connector.
Try another cable.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 07:06:32 pm by f5soh »

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 07:39:41 pm »
Has some a clear description or explanation about the colors of the wire to be connected to sBUS Technology?

As I said I used the cable which has been supplied with the ATOM and cut the blue cable away.

Im using a standard JR Servo cable with three color (red, black and white) to connect the SBUS.

I mapped black with my Black JR Servo cable wire and the red to red, but not sure which what I should map to white JR cable,

the orange one or the blue one   8)

Is there a clear description available ?

Markus

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 07:53:12 pm »
Pin1: Gnd
Pin2:+5v
Pin3: unused
Pin4: signal

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 07:56:33 pm »
Did you setup receiver for SBUS output ?