Motors getting faster and faster after applying min throttle
« on: January 16, 2016, 05:45:27 pm »
Hi,

I'm new here, new to CC3D and this is my first quadcopter build - I guess that makes me a noob! ;)

I'm building a Hovership MHQ2 using a CC3D Atom (of ebay). I have it all built up and I've been through the vehicle wizard (generic quadcopter).

What I am currently seeing, which is not expected, is that after applying just enough throttle on the Tx so that the motors start spinning they will gradually ramp up in speed until reaching max throttle without me applying any further input from the Tx.

Some advice on this would be appreciated.

- A check list,
- How to get diagnostics, debug info back from CC3D
- Perhaps I have something configured wrong on my Tx

Cheers,
Shaun

Spec:
    Hovership MHQ2 (3D printed)
    CC3D Atom
    CC3D PDB with BEC built in
    FlySky i6 Tx with FlySky FS-IA6 Rx
    RHD D2204-2300K Motors and Ebay 20A ESCs
    Turnigy Nano-Tech 1500mah 25-50C LIPOs
{chassis:"Hovership MHQ2 (3D printed)", flightController:
    "CC3D Atom", pdb:"CC3D with BEC", tx:"FlySky i6", rx:"FS-IA6", motors:"RHD D2204-2300K", esc:"Ebay 20A ESCs (SimonK?)", battery:"Turnigy Nano-Tech 1500mah 25-50C, LIPO" }

Re: Motors getting faster and faster after applying min throttle
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 06:03:12 pm »
That is normal for Attitude mode.  It doesn't do it in the air.  It is trying to get the quad level, but doesn't have enough power.  It tries harder and harder...

Re: Motors getting faster and faster after applying min throttle
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 08:43:09 pm »
Thank you for the quick response.

:face_palm: I said I was a noob at this  :o. - That makes sense now.
{chassis:"Hovership MHQ2 (3D printed)", flightController:
    "CC3D Atom", pdb:"CC3D with BEC", tx:"FlySky i6", rx:"FS-IA6", motors:"RHD D2204-2300K", esc:"Ebay 20A ESCs (SimonK?)", battery:"Turnigy Nano-Tech 1500mah 25-50C, LIPO" }