Karver

Librepilot VS Cleanflight 1.12 w/Gyro_Sync enabled
« on: January 02, 2016, 03:44:36 pm »
Hi guy's, Id like to ask where Librepilot development might head in the future. I am wondering if any of the dev's have any experience with Cleanflight and more importantly Betaflight. Betaflight brought gyro syncing to light and if anyone hasn't tried it you definitely should. It gives a new level of control (in rate mode) that I have never experienced before.

My question is will Librepilot be able to compete in the future? All of my CC3D's are currently running Betaflight and Id like to see them migrate back home to Librepilot at some point. Unfortunately specific to rate mode flying Betaflight is in a league all it's own at the moment. Will there be any focus on racing/freestyle performance flying. Openpilot used to be know for class leading flight characteristics and I really hope we can get it back there. 

Thoughts?   
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:51:35 am by Karver »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Librepilot VS Cleanflight 1.12 w/Gyro_Sync enabled
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 03:54:35 pm »
Duplicate, see: https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=492.0

Welcome here Karver.

Project name is LibrePilot, not LibraPilot.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 05:25:37 am »
hey man.  I've got a cc3d and i'm attempting to install betaflight and get the extra control out of it. I'm having issues with it that i'm wondering if it's something i'm doing wrong, or if it's just not compatible. 

have you had any issues putting betaflight on your CC3D?  i certainly have.  One of them was that my laptop was not recognizing the usb ports unless i updated them, but that was just the start of it.

Problems
1- I cannot access the ESC's via blheli when my hardwire connection is through the CC3D.  I'm told this should be possible through betaflight.  have you tried/ succeeded with this?

2- motors seem to not spin up properly, they just twitch for a while even at mid throttle. then at random they will spin up about 30 seconds later.  I have done a basic esc reset and calibration but it didn't help.

3- The thing won't fly at all.  i try to take up but it want to tip over immediately in both rate mode and horizon mode.

Notes
I've flashed the betaflight firmware .bin file through OpenPilot.  i'm wondering if i need to flash the permanent .hex file to resolve my issues?

I just learned about librepilot and i'm thinking about using it due to all the isues i'm having with betaflight.  But from all the great things i hear about betaflight and all the response gains you get at low throttle, i really would like to have that available!

Thanks for any help or experience you can give!

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:51:27 am »
Kinda offtopic, but I decided to answer, so apologies for bumping.

@quiljw01

I think you'll be better off asking for betaflight related help on betaflight forums / rcgroups.

Also - please don't get me wrong - it sounds that you're only starting with multirotors (aren't we all?).
First, I suggest not to listen to hype and blindly follow the trend, but see for yourself if you really need these features. I know most top players in the game use <whatever>flight, but there's a long way ahead of you to push librepilot to it's limits imo. :)
Second, librepilot devs are doing a really good job and we already have the feature (airmode) you're referring to, plus more.