Re: AlwaysStabilizeWhenArmed cautions
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2016, 09:32:05 pm »
I've flown next LibrePilot today with AlwaysStabilizeWhenArmed and it was awesome! Amazing work! :)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2016, 09:40:27 pm »
New Dterm calc feel better also ;)
https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/pull-requests/218/lp-276-support-d-term-calculation-on/diff

You may be able to raise PID values now.

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2016, 03:16:32 pm »
@f5soh

Does new d-term calculation mean that easytune no longer produces reliable d values?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2016, 03:42:43 pm »
No issue, the flight result is more "reliable" than previously.

Jeuke26

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2016, 04:47:40 pm »
I've flown next LibrePilot today with AlwaysStabilizeWhenArmed and it was awesome! Amazing work! :)

How do you mean "Next" Librepilot? Is there a new Librepilot release or is 15.09 the latest? I'm really waiting for the release to use this function.

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2016, 01:17:14 pm »
How do you mean "Next" Librepilot? Is there a new Librepilot release or is 15.09 the latest? I'm really waiting for the release to use this function.

By "next" I mean the next branch from bitbucket (https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot). There's no official build, but you can compile it yourself. I actually think it might not be a bad idea to have a build system of sorts that allows people to try 'next'. Not sure if devs agree. I could look into that.

hwh

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2016, 08:13:00 pm »
I'm not sure where you're trying to download from, the openpilot.org site went away months ago.  The project itself died last November.  If you have some reason you don't want to upgrade to LibrePilot you can download the last OP version that supported cc3d, 15.02.02.  Archive.org has it archived.

Most people just upgrade to LibrePilot to get the bug fixes and improvements made.

The wiki is at https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/User+Manual and you can download 15.09 release from there.

edit: the post this was answering seems to have been deleted.  I'll leave it as general info.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:18:13 pm by hwh »

Re: AlwaysStabilizeWhenArmed cautions no check box
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2016, 09:43:20 am »
I am running Libre 15.09. However in my output tab there is no selection box regarding AlwaysStabilizeWhenArmed as I see in the pictures on this thread. Did I miss something? I went to the system tab and changed AlwaysStabilizeWhenArmed to "TRUE" and still no selection box. I want to select which flight modes utilize the feature as I have read of the mishaps when this precaution is not taken.

Does anyone know where to find this check box?

hwh

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2016, 04:11:05 pm »
That's not in 15.09, that feature was added in the development next branch.  Almost every post in this thread mentions that.  It will be in the next release or you can build and run the next branch.  There are threads telling how to setup up a development system and compile it. There's more info also in the wiki https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Developer+Manual

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2016, 07:40:44 pm »
Haha I love the internet, classic snarky Uber Geek reply to my question.
But in my mind most uber geeks are far younger then hwh looks.

Anyway Ill use beta flight until the new libre pilot version is released, thanks for the response.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 07:46:05 pm by fly_guy_2001 »

hwh

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 08:03:52 pm »
...But in my mind most uber geeks are far younger then hwh looks...
Actually back in the 1960s we were the prototype for the current geeks and hackers  :)  We were the ones with pocket protectors and slide rules (remember them?).

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2016, 08:33:49 pm »
You can just read the first post in this thread and use AlwaysStabilized with 15.09

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2016, 05:35:33 am »
I have a question regarding TPA and AlwaysStabilized. So I have my copter tuned pretty well I believe. It's behavior is "spot on" most of the time.  Set up TPA on PD only. It gets rid of my oscillation on punch outs and all that but when I invert(hang time) and float, I get a wandering yaw. Not uncontrollable. I have complete control, but it's like a "too low of I gain" type of yaw drift. But I'm upside down. I have not tried to have TPA on PID just on PD. I've started using an idle up switch to see if that helps. And although I have more control, it's still yaw drifts while upside down. Not the case right side up. I thought about upping my motors spin at armed speed but I figured an idle is the same thing. Should I use tpa across all three PID? It does seem to make sense that With it setup with no I scaling this might happen. That's what I'll try next tomorrow. It is set to work across all three axis. And I don't get it on roll or pitch at all  just yaw while inverted.

Side note: I have read and re-read this thread many times and although I get the concern for safety with this setting... I don't really see a safety issue at all while switch arming. I either have wonderful luck or have this figured out. I run a switch arm.
Motors idle at armed. Set for 10ms. (Default is 1000). And always stabilized on.  Also a three POS switch tied to the throttle channel for an idle up. 1st Position nothing, just for arming. Second and third Position, 2 idle speeds. Now, it will not arm unless the idle is set to POsitin 1 and stick all the way down. So it's kind of like a throttle cut I can arm in idle 2 or three but nothing happens until I go to position one. That's how it's supposed to work, correct? But on disarming...it makes no difference what combination of switches or sticks are at. It will disarms the motors in 10ms with the flick of a switch, every time without fail. 
Basically what I'm saying is I believe this mode is totally safe, setup properly.  I do get a slight bounce on landing but that's easily solved with a disarm or just careful piloting and a smooth and precise touchdown.

One more thing. After learning how to setup an acro/race copter and wondering if I was missing something not running an F3 board and beta flight. I have to say my cc3d and LP combo is at the same level of tune and performance or beyond alot of the naze/clean/beta flight combos I see on YouTube. I first heard of all these ppl online dogging in the CC3D and wonder if I had made a mistake sticking with it. Well After tuning two acro copters, I can say with confidence, I am very happy with the results. You guys (devs,coders,testers) do a great job. Keep it up! 
One last question. Any discussion on adding a "super expo" type feature? Or making a larger expo graph and settings feature like the throttle curve for more fine adjustments? Could be cool to try different expo rates... 
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

ernstock

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2016, 10:16:12 pm »
Yeah , +1 for happy with cc3d and LP   .
Who needs naze.
Now then a throttle curve with a few more fixed points might be nice !

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2016, 11:37:41 pm »
Yup, that would be cool too. Like a 7 point curve or something
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS