Marico

How activate a buzzer when there no free rc channels...
« on: July 10, 2021, 09:35:34 pm »
Hello,
is there any hack/trick to activate output channel (on Revolution board) on timer timeout or other event like low throttle? My old radio has only 5 channels, the last free 5th channel is for selecting flight mode (3 flight mode count) so I can't use it directly to activate a buzzer  but (indirectly) with option like "forward input to output" it could work. Merging two input channels (like selecting Flight mode with channel 5 and Accessory to the same channel which is route to output 6th channel) won't work.
Is there any other possible configuration (other that to use Y-wire on receiver output - before Revo input) hack to make it work? The best option will be something like automatically "activation on timer timeout" or activation when throttle is off for a while...

Re: How activate a buzzer when there no free rc channels...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 12:41:02 pm »
How about making it beep any time the throttle is low.  Or low throttle plus low throttle trim.

Marico

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 01:11:16 pm »
How about making it beep any time the throttle is low.  Or low throttle plus low throttle trim.

Could you be more specific? How send throttle level signal to output channel 6 on revo where buzzer is connected? Buzzer can be activated when PWM signal is in range above 1500.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 06:54:24 pm »
Bottom right of Vehicle page you set an unused Accessory# (such as "Accessory0") to the Output channel number you want (it sounds like you want 6 in your case).

You then go to Input page and tell it that Accessory# (Accessory0) comes from the same Type, Number, Min, Max as the Throttle is using.  I don't think that Neutral matters as long as it is between Min and Max.

You then go to Output page and configure a possibly very different output for Accessory0 than the input is.  First set Min=1000 and Max=1600.  In your case it sounds like you need reversing here (check mark the Reversed box for Accessory0), so that buzzer comes on when it is BELOW 1500.  You now have Reversed=checked, Min=1600, Max=1000.

This should make it so that when throttle stick is below 1/16th the buzzer comes on.

You can power everything up with it connected to USB / GCS, go to Output page and watch what the transmitter throttle stick now does to the Accessory0 outputting on channel 6.

Careful of spinning props during testing!!!  Might need to be armed or use the "Test Outputs" to get the Acessory0 Output to move.  I recall that "Accessory"s move even when not armed, so try without arming/testoutputs first.

For extra credit you can make it come on only when the throttle stick and trim are both low.  You would configure the Accessory0 Input page min to extend lower by seeing what the number needs to be when both the transmitter stick and trim are low.  Then tweak the Accesssory 0 Output page to move the Min=1600 to something like Min=1520.  Find the actual number where the buzzer comes on and make low throttle (neutral trim) be on one side of that number and low throttle low trim on the other side of that number with the number half way between low-throttle-neutral-trim and low-throttle-low-trim.

I can just imagine the smile on your face when you get it configured to only beep at low throttle with low trim.  Just like using the trim to give you a separate channel that you don't have.  :)  Please post back to let me know.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 07:25:04 pm by TheOtherCliff »

Marico

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 08:18:04 pm »

You then go to Input page and tell it that Accessory# (Accessory0) comes from the same Type, Number, Min, Max as the Throttle is using.  I don't think that Neutral matters as long as it is between Min and Max.

You then go to Output page and configure a possibly very different output for Accessory0 than the input is.  First set Min=1000 and Max=1600.  In your case it sounds like you need reversing here (check mark the Reversed box for Accessory0), so that buzzer comes on when it is BELOW 1500.  You now have Reversed=checked, Min=1600, Max=1000.

It was the first thing I tried out but FC wont's arm because Input status goes orange with message: "Failed to update one or more of the accessory channels."  It just won't accept any configuration when the same PWM channel is configured (copy) with other function (like throttle and accessory0)...

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 07:13:15 am »
Sorry...

Marico

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 10:41:15 pm »
That's strange. I attempted a second try to configure buzzer with "mirrored" PWM channel and now it works! I configured Accessory0 to the same input channel (5) which controls flight modes and I routed it to output channel #5 where buzzer is connected. My flight mode (switch) is configured to 3 positions, when I switch to 3 buzzer is activated. Nice.
 I have no idea why earlier status board reported input error and refused to arm....

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2021, 08:50:41 am »
Thanks for posting.  I would have assumed it was not possible from your results.