Cant get my FS-I6X to work during the transmitter wizard.
« on: July 08, 2021, 08:10:36 am »
So I am very new when it comes to rc and drones and what not. I bought a cheap chinese knock off of a QAV250 off of ebay and I have been trying all day to get it working on GCS. it seems like everything is working alright when it comes to my FC but whenever I try to set up the receiver with the wizard, it just says that my receiver is showing no activity. I am using an FX-I6x transmitter with an FX-X6B receiver and a CC3D FC.

I don't know very much about IBus, SBus, PPM or PWM but I thought I had it set up right. I have 3 wires coming from the IBus port on the receiver and the other side connecting to the main port on the FC. I did have it connected to the actual SBus port on the bottom of the FC but I read online that would require an inverter of some sort.

I've tried playing around with the settings a little bit in GCS but I have no clue what I am doing.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank You!!!

Re: Cant get my FS-I6X to work during the transmitter wizard.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 08:22:43 am »
Q couple of pictures to accompany my problem

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 02:13:19 am »
The RC receiver is not powered unless you plug in a flight battery.  Is that the problem?  :)

USB alone will not power anything but the FC.  No GPS, no OSD, no RC receiver, etc.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 07:51:48 am »
The RC receiver is not powered unless you plug in a flight battery.  Is that the problem?  :)

USB alone will not power anything but the FC.  No GPS, no OSD, no RC receiver, etc.
I've tried both with and without the battery. Is there any settings on the remote that I have to mess with other than setting it to SBus? Idk. I ordered a new reciever to see if that's my problem.  Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 01:28:57 am »
Power to receiver.
RC configured to output the desired signal type.
Correct cable plugged in to the correct places on both receiver and FC.
FC configured to accept that signal at that connector and rebooted if necessary.
Transmitter switched on and bound to receiver.

Wiggling the stick should show activity in the upper right corner of the Input page (Remote Control Input -> Receiver Activity)

Most of this stuff handled automatically and telling you what it is doing if you are using the setup wizard.

Plugging a servo in to the receiver can help diagnose.  Trying a different signal type (like PWM when you have proven that PWM works with a servo) can help diagnose.

There are some limitations where you can't use this receiver signal with that additional feature, but it's fairly obvious from the settings.  E.g. PPM+NoOneShot

For SBus you must use MainPort, and that is the original, real SBus, not the new "non-inverted SBus" you sometimes see talked about.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 01:51:42 am »
Power to receiver.
RC configured to output the desired signal type.
Correct cable plugged in to the correct places on both receiver and FC.
FC configured to accept that signal at that connector and rebooted if necessary.
Transmitter switched on and bound to receiver.

Wiggling the stick should show activity in the upper right corner of the Input page (Remote Control Input -> Receiver Activity)

Most of this stuff handled automatically and telling you what it is doing if you are using the setup wizard.

Plugging a servo in to the receiver can help diagnose.  Trying a different signal type (like PWM when you have proven that PWM works with a servo) can help diagnose.

There are some limitations where you can't use this receiver signal with that additional feature, but it's fairly obvious from the settings.  E.g. PPM+NoOneShot

For SBus you must use MainPort, and that is the original, real SBus, not the new "non-inverted SBus" you sometimes see talked about.
Thank you. I will try this out and see what happens.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 07:21:04 am »
One more long shot...

There is that fixed issue where saving settings on CC3D doesn't work on some clones.  It is simple to use the fixed firmware and just cross that question off the list.
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=4912.msg32933#msg32933

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 08:07:56 am »
One more long shot...

There is that fixed issue where saving settings on CC3D doesn't work on some clones.  It is simple to use the fixed firmware and just cross that question off the list.
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=4912.msg32933#msg32933

Thank you for your responses. I ended buying a new receiver and trying so set up IBus, SBus and the PPM with no luck. Eventually, I got it working with PWM so that is just what i am going to stick with. I do not believe that it was the receiver that was the problem because they sent me two of the same receivers with the kit and they had no problem binding to my transmitter. Oh well. I am much happier trying to mount this receiver as opposed to mounting the micro one that did not have any cover and the mounting holes did not line up with anything!  ;D  Thanks again TheOtherCliff!