GCS is no no longer working in my W10 PC
« on: October 14, 2020, 05:05:41 pm »
Hello,

From now on, further to a de-install and re-install of the last release of the GCS, the GCS is starting and then switches off.

The W10 is up to date, as well as the GCS release. It has been working and was I just about to go to the field to do tests.

I did a register purge using CCleaner, with no result. I unlocked the Windows firewall.

Can somebody help.

Re: GCS is no no longer working in my W10 PC
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 12:52:46 am »
There is an option in the Windows installation that installs a graphics library.  I forget what it is called.  I would try reinstalling with that.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 02:08:44 pm »
Hi,

I tried to do a new installation, with all install options deactivated. I dit the install as Windows administrator.

I got a black screen, I closed. Then nothing happen when double clicking the GCS icon.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 07:26:08 pm »
Uninstall then re-install with all defaults except that the "Mesa OpenGL driver" is enabled / activated / on.  :)

I do not know, but if you install with administrator privileges, then do you need administrator privileges to uninstall?

I might also suggest that you do Windows Update before the LibrePilot install if you don't think Windows Update would cause you problems.

I don't use Windows, so this is about the best I can do.  :(  Maybe someone else can help you more.

As far as I know, LibrePilot install should not need administrator privileges.  It shouln't need you to turn off anti-virus either.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 07:32:53 pm by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 10:48:47 pm »
Hi,

In order to get a clear base, I restored Windows to the state it was three weeks ago.

I did a new install of the GCS with no OpenGL et no CleanFlight addon.

When launching the GCS I get the splash screen. The message line shows "Loading Core Plugin" for one or two seconds and then it crashes.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 10:59:46 pm by bernardu »

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 11:03:25 pm »
Please try:
Uninstall then re-install with all defaults except that the "Mesa OpenGL driver" is enabled / activated / on.  :)

This is my best guess.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 10:06:18 pm »
Hello TheOtherCliff,

Thank you for supporting me.

Here is the final stage :
In my W10 PC, I went to a stage in which I can not access to the the Sytem. Clics on "Parameter > Sytem" do nothing. Because my PC is quite old, I have decided to buy a new one.

I have a 15 years old (or more) laptop with W7. I did an install of LibrePilot with the driver and it works. I'm happy.

I may have lot of other questions when installing the CC3D in my plane. I do not know whether I can tell the name of the model as wall the name of the manufacturer.

Best regards.
Bernard.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 03:31:50 pm by bernardu »