Jim0000

I have a home made quad and am a total beginner to multi-copters.
I used LibrePilot to program my CC3D board using the very good start up wizard.
The quad will run quite well with the propeller removed. As soon as I try it with the props on, a couple of problems prevent it from flying normally.
1. The speed of the motors is not smooth and consistent with the throttle stick position on the transmitter. They then to hunt up and down on their own.
2. The quad flips immediately on start up.

I have read carefully this thread from "The other cliff":  https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=4408.0
There is some excellent information there, thanks for posting that.
I have checked and triple checked my motor number allocation and the direction of the propellers. All good and confirmed to be correct.
I do not yet understand the second point on the list which is:

"- Stabilization->ZeroTheIntegral must be enabled."

Can someone please advise where I find this?

Also, I have found two conflicting motor position numbering for the CC3D flight controller.
One is in LibrePilot. I have set my quad up according to this: #1 is NW, #2 is NE, #3 is SE and #4 is SW.

The other published one advises that the numbers run in the opposite direction and with number 1 being in the SE position is clearly displayed in this website:

https://www.dronetrest.com/t/cc3d-flight-controller-guide/830

I will attach a screenshot.
Which one is correct?
Trap for beginners...........writ large!
Please assist.
Jim.

Edit:
I achieved partial success tonight. I got the craft to hover safely and was able to make small moves. It was dark, so I did not get too adventurous.
The flip on start up problem is no longer evident.
I don't know what was wrong. I just went through the set up wizard again and gave it a try.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 10:18:03 pm by Jim0000 »

Re: Two differing motor positions for CC3D published.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 07:32:42 pm »
1. The speed of the motors is not smooth and consistent with the throttle stick position on the transmitter. They then to hunt up and down on their own.
Generally this is normal.  If the drone is not level by a small fraction of a degree (it always is) then the lower motors will run faster and faster trying to make it perfectly level.

2. The quad flips immediately on start up.
You found the page.  :)  It is "always" (hardware not broken / wrong) one of those things.

"- Stabilization->ZeroTheIntegral must be enabled."
Configuration page, Stabilization tab, ZeroTheIntegral check box

Also, I have found two conflicting motor position numbering for the CC3D flight controller.
One is in LibrePilot. I have set my quad up according to this: #1 is NW, #2 is NE, #3 is SE and #4 is SW.
Different firmware brands number motors differently.  For LP, believe LP GCS Configuration->Vehicle page or LP wiki.

Glad to hear you got it flying.  :)

Jim0000

Re: Two differing motor positions for CC3D published.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 10:17:34 pm »
Thanks for your reply "The Other Cliff".
(I am known as "The other Jim" over on one of the rcgroups threads!).

I will now mark this thread as solved.

Jim.