Sid

Baro sensor
« on: December 26, 2015, 04:30:48 am »
Hi Everyone
I have lost my foam covering the Baro sensor at sometimes. Today I decided to give it a go and covered the Baro
with a small foam and now when its in Attitude Hold it oscillates up and down alot. I have tried another type of foam
with the same result. It all worked perfect in the past with OP. All I have done is to erase and upgrade and replace
the missing foam. Anybody can recommend me with the type of foam they had success? Or even the protection
case that comes with the right foam. I remember in the past M tread was making cases but I don't know if he included
any foam.
Thank you
Sid

Re: Baro sensor
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 05:10:19 am »
It must be the "open cell" foam type (not the typical pillow cushion type or the rubber type).

It must be somewhat compressed to seal it down to board level or air can get in underneath, between foam and board.

It also must be the correct thickness for that type of foam.  Too thin and wind gets through and you get same erratic results as with no foam.  Too thick (and compressed) and air gets through too slowly and you get slow large oscillation.

Starting with no foam so you know what it looks like flying, keep making it thicker till you are satisfied.

Google some images.  It is usually dark gray.

Some web sites also recommend a cotton ball held on with a wrap of tape.

Sid

Re: Baro sensor
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 06:22:15 am »
Hi TheOtherCliff
Thanks for the fast reply. I'm using the same open cell foam that I have used on my other revo boards and
I don't have any problem with. I think I went over extreme to make this one thick and compressed a lot. As
you mentioned the isolation is slow and large.