CC3D nano connects to one computer but not the other
« on: November 21, 2019, 04:28:48 am »
Hello,
  I have a number of CC3D nano boards that I just updated to 16.09 (next).  They connect just fine using one of my computers, but not the other.  I checked the driver setups in zadig on both machines and noticed that there are 2 coptercontrol interfaces on the working machine, but only one on the other.  The missing one is hidusb, which appears to be the important one.  Any ideas on how I can get this corrected?  Thanks in advance.

Re: CC3D nano connects to one computer but not the other
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 06:15:35 am »
Windows?

I would uninstall the drivers using this guide:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/12812343/Troubleshooting

Then uninstall LP (GCS) and reinstall it.

This may be overkill, but it should get you working.

Do not plug the board in until you have installed LP GCS.  This is where people go wrong.  If you plug the board in before the LP GCS is installed, it doesn't have a correct driver on the disk.  If you answer the new hardware wixard DONE, it will never ask to install that missing driver again (without doing some driver uninstalls).

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 02:29:05 am »
Thanks for the reply.  I tried the procedure on that page with no luck.  The CC3D doesn't show up as a composite device.  Either way, I deleted any com ports or usb devices that were named "coptercontrol".  Then I reinstalled LP and connected the CC3D back up with LP running.  I get the "windows is setting up" pop-ups, but it never connects to LP.  Any other ideas?

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 05:10:43 am »
You mentioned 16.09 and next at the same time.  Is one computer running 16.09 and the other running next?  I haven't tried mixing versions with CC3D.  CC3D firmware is kind of fixed and unmodified lately, yet there are reasons that a next CC3D won't talk to a 16.09 GCS (and vice versa) even though the firmware is basically the same.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 10:00:05 pm »
For consistency I have next on all of them.  I ended up just installing ubuntu on some free space.  It all works well now.  Doesn't fix the driver issue, but at least I can use my field computer now.