lee

How to change the return speed of ReturnToBase Mode?
« on: December 23, 2015, 05:57:29 am »
Hi, all
I have a QuadX vehicle, and my FC is Revo.
I have read the wiki doc, and setup three flight mode: stabilizations1, PozitionHold and ReturnToBase. The basic function is OK, after I switch to the ReturnToBase mode, my QuadX can return to the base autonomously, it is amazing, love it.
Now, I want to change the return speed of the ReturnToBase mode, so I found the system parameter "VtolPathFollowerSettings", and change "HorizontalVelMax" from 10m/s to 20m/s, but the result is the speed was't faster.
I want to know how to let my QuadX faster in the ReturnToBase mode, looking forward to your any reply.

Best Regards!

lee

Re: How to change the return speed of ReturnToBase Mode?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 12:41:05 pm »
I have found the answer, the revelant parameter is "HorizontalPosP", good luck.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 05:26:34 pm »
That's not right (that you would have to do that)...  There are deficiencies in that area and I created a bug report for it.

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 12:48:07 am »
I was wondering if you might be able to help me.....I have a DX6i and using a Revo FC.....I cannot figure out how to set up my RTB...I have one of my toggles set to do GPS lock....however, I can't figure out how to set up one of the other toggles to do RTB. Is there somewhere I can go to get a step by step noob directions?  Thanks in advance.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 10:32:20 am »
You should do a mix in your Rc radio between the two switches (both two pos ?) to ouput a 4 position signal on flightmode channel.

Edit: Maybe this video can help you, you can do the same and monitor flight mode signal.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 10:36:00 am by f5soh »

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 04:04:59 pm »
Thank you, that worked...however, I have a quick question. In the video, it shows him adjusting the rate on the mix1, when he rolls the adjuster, it shows it ticking between the setting on the gcs. and he says he's is set at -166....A) mine doesn't show it toggling between the settings. B) my controller doesn't go up to -166. Now, when I go in to the GCS and activate the toggles, it does show it moving between the setting for each toggle. My question is, what do I set my rates at? What exactly does the rate monitor? Thanks again in advance......

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 04:42:27 pm »
Sorry,

I don't have a Dx6i, you just need to adjust the mixing settings in your radio to match all positions (1 > 4) while monitoring the flightmode in Input tab.

lee

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 02:49:51 am »
That's not right (that you would have to do that)...  There are deficiencies in that area and I created a bug report for it.
What should I do, please?
After modifying "HorizontalPosP", the speed faster, but my quad was very unstable when landing to the ground.
And when my quad get the base position, it stay in the sky too long, about 1 minute, it seems like it has not found the right place...

My firmware is compiled by myself, it's version is librepilot1509 r154, the GCS too. When I tested it, it has some difference (maybe it's little bug, I can not confirm it) from "librepilot1509". For example, the coordinates of GPS displayed correctly when use LibrePilot1509, but it did not display in my compiled version "LibrePilot1509 r154".
I have a article in the sub forum "GCS General", I don't know how to report the testing result, also my English is very poor.

Best Regards!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 02:59:40 am by sstc lee »

lee

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 03:22:49 am »
I was wondering if you might be able to help me.....I have a DX6i and using a Revo FC.....I cannot figure out how to set up my RTB...I have one of my toggles set to do GPS lock....however, I can't figure out how to set up one of the other toggles to do RTB. Is there somewhere I can go to get a step by step noob directions?  Thanks in advance.
I don't know if my understanding is right, my setup step as followed:
1. calibrate your DX6i, and set ch5 for "flight mode".
2. I have three mode "stabilized 1" "PositionHold" "ReturnToBase"
3. calibrate "GPS" and "MAG"

But DX6i has not three-section-switch, I think you can use the "FLAP" switch for two flight modes, "stabilized1" and "ReturnToBase".

Because my English is poor, I cannot confirm I understand your reply correctly, if I am wrong, welcome to contact me, I can try my best to test the DX6i.

Best Regards!

lee

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 03:31:32 am »
The vedio is great!

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 04:27:02 am »
No worries sstc lee......I've got mine figured out for the most part. I just need to do some fine tuning. Yes the video was great, it really helped me out. Would you be able to do a snap shot of your GCS screen so I may compare it to mine? I will post a snapshot of mine tomorrow morning so that you may compare as well......

lee

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 05:50:21 am »
No worries sstc lee......I've got mine figured out for the most part. I just need to do some fine tuning. Yes the video was great, it really helped me out. Would you be able to do a snap shot of your GCS screen so I may compare it to mine? I will post a snapshot of mine tomorrow morning so that you may compare as well......
This is my UAV file.

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 03:01:15 pm »
This is my screens...do you see anything i might need to adjust or change?

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2015, 05:59:29 pm »
What should I do, please?
After modifying "HorizontalPosP", the speed faster, but my quad was very unstable when landing to the ground.
And when my quad get the base position, it stay in the sky too long, about 1 minute, it seems like it has not found the right place...

I have also seen that long delay before landing.

What can you do?  Sorry to say that it probably means wait till it is fixed.  If you are a programmer, you could fix your own version to work the way you want it to.  It would be a good learning project.  I think that flying at some percentage of the maximum velocity that is set in VtolPathFollower would be good.  Also it should slow down just before end so it doesn't overshoot.  More complicated than it looks because RTB may be 1m and should not be asked to accelerate to 70% of max velocity.  Could be 10km so it should not go half speed at half distance.  It should travel at highest speed for all but the last little bit of travel.

lee

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 12:49:40 am »
Hi, TonyO511, I think your configure is right, you can test it and tell us the result.