lee

Re: How to change the return speed of ReturnToBase Mode?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 03:28:26 am »
That's not right (that you would have to do that)...  There are deficiencies in that area and I created a bug report for it.
What should I do, please?
After modifying "HorizontalPosP", the speed faster, but my quad was very unstable when landing to the ground.
And when my quad get the base position, it stay in the sky too long, about 1 minute, it seems like it has not found the right place...

I have also seen that long delay before landing.

What can you do?  Sorry to say that it probably means wait till it is fixed.  If you are a programmer, you could fix your own version to work the way you want it to.  It would be a good learning project.  I think that flying at some percentage of the maximum velocity that is set in VtolPathFollower would be good.  Also it should slow down just before end so it doesn't overshoot.  More complicated than it looks because RTB may be 1m and should not be asked to accelerate to 70% of max velocity.  Could be 10km so it should not go half speed at half distance.  It should travel at highest speed for all but the last little bit of travel.

Hi, TheOtherCliff, Thanks a lot for your reply.
I'm try my best to learn the great project source code, and my progress is slow, I will never give it up.
I don't know if my understanding is right, could you give me some suggestion?
As you said, " flying at some percentage of the maximum velocity that is set in VtolPathFollower would be good", the following figures are my test results:

"Low speed" is set by "HorizontalPosP", and "max velocity" is set by "HorizontalVelMax".
When "HorizontalPosP" is set to a little number, the vehicle RTB very slow and not overshoot. But the speed is too low, it is not good.

lee

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 03:44:54 am »
Then I added the "HorizontalPosP", the speed is faster obviously:

But after "HorizontalPosP" is set to a bigger number, the vehicle is unstable more and more when landing to the ground.

Now, the problem is:
1.long delay before landing
2.unstable when landing

I think "HorizontalVelPID" is very important, I will test these parameter in recent days and tell you the result.

Best Regards!~

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 06:07:50 pm »
Hi same effect on my side when I configure return to base the speed is very low and didn't land but I didn't wait 1 minute. Do you succeed to have a good parameters what did you do?

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 05:47:42 am »
It's my understanding that 15.09 has a bug.  RTB speed is low or zero.

That has been fixed in "next" and coming release.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:21:17 pm by TheOtherCliff »