Re: Revo Nano issues?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 12:22:14 am »
I will try and figure out how to get you those files.

All I know it that the difference when running the second Nano on GCS is night and day. Everything runs smoother and the best part no crashes.

I test flew Nano #2 and it flies pretty well aside from a pretty bad forward drift and the Baro bounces like a rubber ball! I did the freezer Baro calibration and retested and the same thing. I was super excited to get this new FC but now I am pretty disappointed.   

ggrif

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2015, 04:56:32 am »
Sorry you're having troubles. The boards do require a bit of tuning for each frame.

Maybe the Nano is not your cup of tea, nothing's automatic.

All I can say is I have had no issues with my Nano on a Toad quad with GPS. I've heard that GPS setup on a mini can be a challenge. Twist and braid, twist and braid.

And remember, the OP folks do this as a hobby, not to take over the world. And LibrePilot!

lucas

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2015, 03:05:04 pm »
What do you mean by "bounces like a rubber ball"?   The craft bounces?

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2015, 11:50:45 pm »
What do you mean by "bounces like a rubber ball"?   The craft bounces?

Yes it bounces pretty violently. I know I should see some up and down movement in normal Baro use but this does not seem normal.  I am trying different tuning setting and it seems to be improving some. I will also add some foam which I was going to do before I installed it but some told me it was not necessary because it is in a case.

I flew again today in non-gps modes and it was better as far as the drift goes but I am not having much luck using a Non-OP GPS for GPS modes. I have a couple Neo 6m's and I  am getting good sat lock (9) but I can only arm while connected to GCS. The motors do not sound "Normal" while GPS is engauged. I have other quads with other GPS FC's running the same motors that do not sound like this. I will continue to read up and see if there is something I may be missing.

A FYI I ran GCS all last night and today on the 64bit Windows 7 desktop without one crash with Nano #2??? Has to be something to do with Nano #1 being defective... My guess anyway.

lucas

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2015, 12:03:22 am »
Good luck with tuning those bounces out,  I wish I could help but I´ve only flown CC3Ds (No baro) and my Nano hasn´t arrived.

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2015, 01:22:12 am »
The foam help a bit and it seems ok now but the drift is back big time and I was able to get the GPS modes "Working" by switching to the Flexi port. The sad thing is that it is out of control while it GPS assisted modes. Flip it to position hold and it banked hard right into a evergreen which saved it from a total!

Recalibrated everything once again and it did the same but the drift was much much worst in attitude mode non-GPS assisted??

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2015, 05:31:03 pm »
Sorry you're having troubles. The boards do require a bit of tuning for each frame.

Maybe the Nano is not your cup of tea, nothing's automatic.

All I can say is I have had no issues with my Nano on a Toad quad with GPS. I've heard that GPS setup on a mini can be a challenge. Twist and braid, twist and braid.

And remember, the OP folks do this as a hobby, not to take over the world. And LibrePilot!

What GPS unit are you using?

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2015, 07:07:23 am »
I have a Nano also.  It flew well before, but now I am having some real problems with it.  When I erase settings and restore/save a working UAV file (usually via USB), I see the correct settings before reboot, but some of the settings are not stored permanently every time.

Now I have a case where the PFD flips upside down and right side up over and over.  It seems to be doing something different each time I try to get it working.

It even has problems with the OP 15.05 rc8 that it used to work with.

Someone else reported that using OPLink with higher RF power made his act strangely.  I need to look into that.  It is also possible that it just doesn't save settings correctly in a reliable fashion.

I also find that having a signal coming in an incorrectly configured or even an unconfigured port will lock it up when you plug in the flight battery and power the other devices.  Example: All I have to do to lock it up is to plug in my PPM receiver.  Unplug the receiver and it comes back to life.

I will post back when I find out more.

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2015, 02:33:27 pm »
I have found the to Nano be touchy to what voltage it is running on. I scratched my head for a long time and was about to give up when I went back to what seemed to work when I first tested the Nano when it arrived. A 1s (3.7v likely 4.2v as it was fully charged) along with being plugged into the USB seemed to run and configure the Nano without lockups. When it was running on a 5v UBEC powered by 4s or 3s flight packs and USB I had all kinds of issues. The UBEC could be dipping much lower than the 4.8v I tested on it before so? I changed to a 6v UBEC and flight pack power no longer causes issues while saving settings or running GCS in general.

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 08:27:09 pm »
I am running stock 5V (linear) BECs in the ESC's.

I will definitely add this voltage check to my list of things to test.

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2015, 07:28:58 pm »
Saving Setting Problems
I finally got my Nano to save settings.  It has been a while now, and I forget exactly what I did.  I think I had more luck using my real PC than using my laptop, and with laptop, I have to reboot Nano and make sure that settings were still there, and save just the bad settings again?  I don't have this problem at all with my laptop with my Revos.

I think that one of the problems only happens because of two issues and I need to research more to make sure all this is true:
 - After erasing settings, the board will not boot up with just a battery because it knows that some settings must be changed.  For instance Input and Output settings.
 - Maybe my laptop USB power is not good enough to save settings reliably in Nano (but it works with Revo).

I want to save settings with the flight battery plugged in for good power, but I can't because it wont boot up with the battery plugged in.  I think I tried both USB then add battery and battery then add USB.

Bouncy Baro Problem
I have that problem too.  I am flying an F330 clone with 9 inch props and I think there is just too much prop blast, too close to the Nano.  I packed a thicker foam inside the Nano case, and the bounces went away, but were replaced with big drift up and down and up and down (vertical oscillation).  This setup appears to be very picky about exactly how much foam to use.

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2015, 10:03:39 pm »
I was able to get Altitude Hold to work perfectly by adjusting Altitude and Velocity  proportional on my Hoverthings Flip 385mm. In no wind it hovers almost as in PH.

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2015, 12:48:04 am »
Another thing that I found is a must to get your Baro to function at it's best is to do the thermal calibration.

I put it in the freezer for 5mins and once the temp rise starts to slow but not stopped I use a heat gun from a good distance as to not heat up the plastic and melt anything.

I was easily able to get 30c rise.

Once this is done adjust the settings above to fine tune the "Bounce" out.

Edit: I have been testing different props and motors on my setup and noticed a big change in Altitude Holds stability when I installed 8" props on my 385mm Hoverthings Flip frame. much improved flight. Rock solid AH position and almost completely bounce free. Amazing what a prop change can do!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:11:04 pm by RC Madman »