• LibrePilot
Re: Altitude sensor
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 01:31:46 pm »
You may need a build environment and compile firmware and Gcs

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Developer+Manual

xfce

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 09:24:42 am »

If you find someone that has done this, start with their suggestions.  :)

It is used on quadcopters all the time.
But helis must be set up so that the 'thrust' controls collective, not throttle.  I'm afraid that no one has played with that in a long time.  It would be much simpler if a single channel controlled both throttle and collective like with a governor? then it would be just like a quad.

For a heli:
System -> Settings -> SystemSettings -> ThrustControl
and press the red up arrow at the top of the screen to save it.

Be very careful.  Test thoroughly with motor disconnected / off.  Be aware that you might crash a heli.  :(

If you were using a fixed pitch heli the answer would be that it is easy, but that the vertical motion is so slow to react that the vertical PIDs would need to be retuned.
Thanks , I will carefully have a try.

xfce

Altitude sensor
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 09:28:38 am »
Sure baro sensor is used...

You can choose AltitudeHold or AltitudeVario as thrust mode.

Remember you should arm/hover in manual Thrust mode first and switch to one stabilization using AltitudeVario for example. At this point the Throttle stick position becomes the neutral position.
Does the Baro sensor need to be calibrate? I means the Baro' s attitude  and the actual height are much different ,tThanks
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:07:15 am by xfce »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 11:12:09 am »
If you want a calibrated altitude you may need to calibrate every day...

For altitude calculation, we assume ambient pressure is 1013.25hPa

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2016, 05:43:56 pm »
A little clarification in an old thread.

ALtitude Hold and ALtitude Vario (throttle modes) basically don't need calibration.  When you switch to one of these modes, they see the current altitude and use that.  One day it may think it is 300 meters and another day it may think 310 meters for the same aLtitude, 301 meters is still the same "one meter up" that 311 meters is the next day...

xfce

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 07:49:57 am »
Thanks. I have tested. The Baro's attitude(-88m) is different with actual height(10m), but the attitude hold function is ok.

sparko

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 08:52:04 am »
is there a way to setup the baro as variometer for glider that feeds back to Taranis?  thinking of saving $$ on vario.

Mateusz

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 09:12:44 am »
is there a way to setup the baro as variometer for glider that feeds back to Taranis?  thinking of saving $$ on vario.

Two options that I know of are: a) send telemetry over oplink b) display telemetry on osd.
So there is no support for FrSky telemetry (Taranis) at the moment, only UAVTalk. FrSky would require hardware inverter probably.
In short, no such a option involving Taranis to my knowledge.

@marc

• Ask me about LibrePilot2Go on Android.
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 09:29:46 am »
Hi,

LP2Go shows current Altitude.

See Image below.

You can even "calibrate" it (set it to 0).

Maybe that would work for you?
(One Intention of LP2Go is to show telemetry for people with cheap transmitters, like myself.)

Best regards,
Marc
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:01:22 am by flachskopp »