Revo mini Heli setup problem..
« on: January 04, 2019, 12:57:31 pm »
Hi, All. I am trying to setup a helicopter using cp s.
Now, I have done set up transmitter using s-bus, So I could see moving the slider in input tab.
And test output is working also-Main rotor, tail motor, and 3 servo.
Swashplate test is done. but I do not setup stabilization yet.

However, I could control only Collective. Any other actuator doesn't working in using transmitter-roll, pitch, yaw, throttle. My transmitter is X9D Plus and I do not setup anything except channel. Because I read the article that any other setting will be done by FC.

What is the problem in my setting?

Re: Revo mini Heli setup problem..
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 08:21:52 pm »
Two things:
- Did you arm?
- The servo movements will be very small.  The default setup asks the heli to bank slowly so not much cyclic is needed.  Changing the PIDs will change the amount of movement.  It's my guess that good PIDs should have a high enough I term to cause noticeable windup, which would look like a very slow response to a control stick held at maximum.

There are a few guys (karla and jcg1541 and others whose names escape me just now) who do helis who may only stop by the forum occasionally.  There is one guy (jcg1541) who started a cliff diving PID thread for tiny helis:
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=3916.0
I would PM them for advice.  Karla is a regular here.  Any discussion you have to resolve this would be welcome out here in this thread in public, so we can all benefit.  :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 08:36:26 pm by TheOtherCliff »

karla

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 07:31:44 am »
Hi kokoory,

This heli has around 200mm diameter of main rotor, right?
Does it already have a flybarless unit/system installed? If planning to use a Revo mini, the other unit is bypassed right? Having two at once, does not seem a good idea.

I am trying to setup a helicopter using cp s.
Now, I have done set up transmitter using s-bus, So I could see moving the slider in input tab.
And test output is working also-Main rotor, tail motor, and 3 servo.
Swashplate test is done. but I do not setup stabilization yet.

Good job so far :)
There are likely many ways to get this to work, but I will tell you what I use.

However, I could control only Collective. Any other actuator doesn't working in using transmitter-roll, pitch, yaw, throttle. My transmitter is X9D Plus and I do not setup anything except channel. Because I read the article that any other setting will be done by FC.

. Good, I hope that means that you made sure your radio transmitter does not do any swash plate mixing (usually have a setting called swash-type, that should be set to None or similar).

. Before working on setting all main rotor angels and curves correct, do this:
1. on your tx, make sure you use a mode with a linear throttle-curve like from -1 to +1
2. also the collective curve, following the throttle, should also be linear, like from -1 to +1
3. on Revo, make sure to use a flight mode, with stabilization set to manual, manual, manual, manual.
So when your tx is set in that flight mode, all 3 above is met. This way you can confirm setup is okay before applying any fc input.

(yours look like this now. You will change them back later once you got the basic setup working)

Also, set Revo Attitude, Settings window, change from GPS (INS13) to Basic.
It simplifies things to work get Basic fly nice before moving in to that.

. I noticed in the settings you chose swashplate configuration 'CCPM 3 Servo 140'. Most common is 'CCPM 3 Servo 120'. Just double check it?

. Yaw, will be controlled by tail motor rpm right, so lets just check it moves.

Let us know how things turn out :)

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 08:18:53 am »
Thanks for answer.

I check the UI in the Flight Data Tab in GUI and I locate disarm switch to Acc0. When I switch Acc0, the collective return to zero. I Think that It prove that I could control Arm/Disarm.

And nano cp s is about 200mm main rotor size, you're right! And It's swash-plate is 140 degree type. Its angle is not equal.

I will try your advice and post the result!