Re: CC3D Vibration Isolation
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 12:57:43 am »
Thanks for the reply. I have since tried to isolate the FC board even more from any vibration that the motors may be creating. I will do some investigation on the possible motor bearing issue. As you can hear in the video, there is a noise that is not consistent with wind noise but does seem more pronounced with higher throttle. I have since also flipped my CC3D over and will plug the ESC's directly into it to eliminate the connection via female header pins to the PDB. I was worried that this type of pin connection may be to ridged and may also transfer vibration. I will correct the virtual ROLL to reflect the change in board orientation that I have made and give it a test flight. If that does not have a significant affect on the issue, I will have to conclude that I may have a damaged board. 

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 04:34:59 am »
I also once had a super thin Chinese POS board that was doing all sorts of weird stuff before it crapped out on me. Weird drifts and occolations. Intermittently. In the end it stopped sending power to the receiver. New board flew sooooo much better but still had a drift. In the end it was a vibration issue fixed with 2$ in double sided stick foam.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 07:30:40 am »
It seems that it always turns out to me the small things that are the problem. For me right now, most of the hobby is spent on the work bench at night. All I want to do is fly.