vgwit

MWOSD setup for miinimOSD
« on: October 03, 2018, 08:50:16 pm »
Hello guys,

so far I was using minOPOSD but would like to try MWOSD.
Have uploaded MW_OSD_Micro_minimosd_1_6_8.hex firmware into micro minimOSD with ConfigTool via ComBridge mode of Revo FC. Then start MW_OSD_GUI.bat from MW_OSD_GUI_168.zip. But after opening COM port I see blinking TX and RX in upper left corner for a couple of seconds and then GUI hangs and cmd window says about checksum error in a byte. Same is with browser plug-in MWOSD 1.6 Free. What could be wrong? Do I need to look at fpvlab.com forum?

I know that there are newer versions of firmware and MWOSD GUI but would like to assess the project on free version first.

Thanks.

Re: MWOSD setup for miinimOSD
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 02:00:22 am »
If you are already following the instructions in the wiki, then I would wait for @f5soh to come around and answer.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 06:21:45 pm »
After flashing the OSD with MWOSD, what do you see in video output / FPV Googles ? Any changes ?

vgwit

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 09:36:22 pm »
Have tried to use FTDI instead of ComBridge and it works fine. So there is an issue with ComBridge mode.

Got OSD screen on goggles with almost same picture as in MWOSD GUI. There are some problems with it, probably they are solved in newer versions.

But. So far I used FlexiIO for goggles minimOSD telemetry and bluetooth connection to CGS at the same time. As MWOSD uses MSP I won't be able to use BT telemetry anymore. Is it true?

Main port I use for GPS and Flexi for IBus.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 08:21:32 am by vgwit »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 10:01:20 pm »
About Revo ComBridge : did you use also the additional DTR (FlexiIO - pin9) for programming mode ?

You cannot output MSP and normal Telemetry at same time on one port.
A option can be PPM input (+ MSP output) on FlexiIO for RC instead of iBus and finally use FlexiPort for Telemetry output connected to Bluetooth module.

vgwit

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 10:17:52 pm »
yes, I use DTR.

vgwit

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 10:55:09 am »
Have upgraded MWOSD configurator to version R1.9 and see same situation: with ComBridge mode communication during firmware flash leads to errors while with FTDI it is perfect. Almost same situation is and with minOPOSD and ConfigTool but here communication problem I see in 2 cases out of 5. I.e. port sometimes hangs.

What is interesting - I see this port problem only on firmware flash. Screen layouts always gets uploaded successfully. Is it possible to lower ComBridge baud rate to let's say 57600 for testing? Or something wrong with my PC/Windows?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:07:43 am by vgwit »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 05:21:13 pm »
Revo Combridge baudrate acts like a FTDI, baudrate is defined by software.

Maybe tx/rx levels lower while using Revo, cause problems with osd flashing in your case.

vgwit

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 05:52:47 pm »
Have thought about that and tried to improve situation by pulling TX to 5V by 1.5k resistor. Same result.

vgwit

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 07:04:37 pm »
Have tried to put voltage jumper on FTDI on 3.3V and reflashed MWOSD firmware w/o problems. So the issue is not related to level of signals.

I wrote that communication problem presents in ComBridge mode only on firmware flash. Uploading fonts and layouts does not result in error but they do not appear inside OSD. Looks like in this case configurator simply does not request checksums or other feedback from OSD during uploading.

vgwit

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 08:32:28 pm »
And another question about displaying of Flight mode. Latest MWOSD configurator firmware for LP show 3 3 modes - Velocity Roam, Home Leash and Position Hold simply as HOLD. I've asked MWOSD developer about possibility to differentiate them by a way of mapping flight mode number (pos1 - pos6) to an appropriate icon on OSD. Here is his answer:

"If I understand question I think this will be not possible due to how it works and memory available. Flight mode numbers are unknown to OSD. Librepilot converts and sends them to OSD in a multiwii compatible format."

Does LP sends 3 mentioned modes as different ones?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 10:09:30 pm »
MSP bridge do not send something about HomeLeash or VelocityRoam since the multiwii format do not have something similar.

vgwit

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 09:43:29 am »
As I understand to have these 6 modes displayed in OSD

Rate - Rattitude - AltVario - VelocityRoam - HomeLeash - ReturnToBase

source code change in LP GCS and MWOSD firmware needed.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:55:59 am by vgwit »