Wid

Board orientation : SOLVED
« on: October 16, 2018, 06:33:16 pm »
Got the quad flying well but After mounting camera and VTx I need to move the CC3D to a new orientation. Now FC is upside down and the front of the board is facing to the right. I have watched some videos and found
http://blog.sam-thompson.info/how-to-change-the-orientation-of-your-cc3d-flight-controller/
but still can't quite figure it out. I thought I could use flight data to figure it out but yaw and roll seem connected in some way. Rolling the craft showed roll and yaw movement on the display.Yawing the craft showed only roll movement on the display.
The more I mess with the values the more confused I get.

Please let me know what values to put in the "rotate virtual attitude relative to the board" for board being upside down and front facing right. That is the only way I can orient it to get it to fit and have access to the USP port.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 06:00:05 pm by Wid »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Board orientation
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 06:47:17 pm »
Please let me know what values to put in the "rotate virtual attitude relative to the board" for board being upside down and front facing right.

Looks like the virtual attitude set to Roll=0 Pitch=180 and Yaw=-90 is a good candidate.
Double check using the PFD

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 06:53:50 pm »
Just a reminder that when looking at PFD, the roll is backwards.  When you roll left, the world seen in the PFD rolls right.

When you pitch down, you see more brown dirt on the PFD, so it acts as you would expect.

(And a link to the wiki for Rotate Virtual which does not actually list your exact rotations.  I didn't know if you knew it was there.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/5669054/Revo+Attitude+Configuration?focusedCommentId=98653228#RevoAttitudeConfiguration-VirtualAttituderotation )

Wid

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 01:36:32 am »
Roll=180 Pitch=0 Yaw=90
After much experimentation and recording results I finally stumbled on the answer:
I don't understand the logic of it but the flight data confirms it works.
Hope to flight test tonight if winds subside in time.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 07:20:47 am »
After much experimentation and recording results I finally stumbled on the answer:
Nice, you found the other possible answer by yourself :)
Roll=180 Pitch=0 Yaw=90 is equal to Roll=0 Pitch=180 and Yaw=-90

Wid

Solved
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 05:59:28 pm »
Tested flight this morning and it flies excellent.
I thought I got negative roll with Roll=0 Pitch=180 and Yaw=-90 but checked my notes this morning and see I was testing +90 roll. Oh well, a learning experience!
Thanks for the help Cliff and f5soh. Now I can finally travel to big open spaces and do some real flying with friends this week end.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 06:09:18 pm by Wid »