Wid

transmitter setup wizard gets stuck :SOLVED
« on: September 30, 2018, 02:09:44 am »
I am trying to use the Transmitter setup wizard but keep getting stuck where it asks for yaw stick input. Everything goes fine before that. Throttle, pitch, roll sticks calibration goes fine but when I get to the yaw the wizard  keeps showing it moving, never activates the "next" button. I am in mode 2. I am using a different FC than  earlier. The one that came with the kit had straight pins but I need bent to get things to fit. The FC I am using now is a used Atom that was given to me.  Might it be defective? Could that cause the wizard to get stuck? I was flying non Flight Controlled aircraft earlier today and yaw control was fine.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:30:23 pm by Wid »

Wid

Re: transmitter setup wizard gets stuck
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 02:27:40 am »
I just checked Tx with another aircraft and yaw works. Tx checks out OK.

Wid

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 03:55:23 am »
 I went back to the original CC3D that came with the kit and have the same problem. Can't get past throttle calibration. 

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 07:25:10 am »
What receiver protocol are you using?  Some receivers put RSSI on an additional channel and it can get incorrectly detected as a channel moving.

With flight battery and USB plugged in and transmitter and receiver powered, but leaving transmitter sticks motionless, go to GCS Input page and look in upper right corner at the Receiver Activity indicator.  Does it show a channel always moving?

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 08:32:47 am »
This isn't a FlySky 6 channel transmitter is it?

Also, does the transmitter wizard seem to jump ahead as if you moved a stick even when you don't?

Wid

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 09:29:27 pm »
Working fine now.
I believe it was because I was being sloppy with stick movements, getting  yaw mixed with throttle movement, ele with ail, etc.
I am using FrSky R-SXR  https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-r-xsr.html in s-bus mode.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:06:29 pm by Wid »