H_Zoo

Throttle problem
« on: September 24, 2018, 09:44:46 am »
Hi,

I use Revo board (16.09) in a car, and in PathPlanner mode the car is very slow. I can't incrase the throttle, but in manual mode everything is ok.
How can I solve this?

Thank you
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:22:26 am by H_Zoo »

Re: Throttle problem
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 07:04:59 pm »
I haven't used GroundPathFollower, but I would guess:
- go to System page and increase Settings -> GroundPathFollower -> HorizontalVelMax
- Press the red up arrow button (Save) at the top of the screen to make it permanent

And of course increase the Velocity for each leg in your waypoint editor "flight plan".

H_Zoo

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 08:06:22 am »
Thank you. I tried to modify these but nothing changed...
Is there any possibility to change the firmware?

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 08:32:55 pm »
The values did not change?
Or the values did change, but the problem still exists?

It looks like you might need to change ThrustLimits  .SlowForward and .Max in the same place.  These look to be on a scale from -1.0 (full reverse throttle) to +1.0 (full forward throttle)

About how slow is it?  Normal walking speed?

If Configuration->Vehicle uses the Ground tab and your Home Location is set, and you increased the three settings we discussed, and you use larger numbers in the waypoint editor, I am running out of suggestions since I haven't used Ground vehicle before.

Be careful not to make these numbers too large.  If we find out how to make it work, it could suddenly be going very fast.  2 meters per second is a fast walking speed.

H_Zoo

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 11:43:46 pm »
I can modify the values but the problem still exists.
Yes, normal walking speed but the throttle never greater than 20-25% in auto mode.
The car can't go up to a ramp...

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 02:42:49 am »
Did you increase ThrustLimits  .SlowForward and .Max in the same place?