QC102

Tarot retractable legs
« on: August 10, 2018, 03:42:13 am »
I  use a Turnigy  TGY- i10 Tx with a 6 channel RX.   Having sold  my Tarot 650 Ironman - decided to try and fit these legs to a basic 500 quad frame - CC3D FC... using channel 6 and allocating a switch on the TX... they don't work.   Not sure if itsthe radio connection or if the CC3D can supply enough voltage to  lift and lower.

Purchased from BangGood and no spec sheet or other info included.   YT vids  make it look easy to fit and use... What am I missing???

Re: Tarot retractable legs
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 06:45:32 am »
FC's just pass on the electricity that you give them.  Power is a direct connection like a wire among all the ESC/servo connections, MainPort, FlexiPort and the Rx power too.  There are some current limits.  You wouldn't want to run a 700 heli swash plate servo from it, but for normal servos and normal flight loads it shouldn't be a problem.

This usually happens because you forgot to program the transmitter to use that switch for that channel.  Modern transmitters with all the channels and switches typically only default to the 4 stick channels being programmed by default.

QC102

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 08:23:22 am »
Thanks  Cliff,  I think you nailed it  - the  TGY - i10 I  have found - has pre-sets on some switches - which seems to be my problem.  Although I set the legs onto chnl 6 - which appeared in LP 16.09 - to be "free"   and the switch indicates movement  in the  TX setup section - the radio and Rx  are not working together on chnl 6!. I have an new and so far unused FS i6S - so I  will  try setting  the quads and legs on that.

QC102

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 12:40:31 am »
FC's just pass on the electricity that you give them.  Power is a direct connection like a wire among all the ESC/servo connections, MainPort, FlexiPort and the Rx power too.  There are some current limits.  You wouldn't want to run a 700 heli swash plate servo from it, but for normal servos and normal flight loads it shouldn't be a problem.

This usually happens because you forgot to program the transmitter to use that switch for that channel.  Modern transmitters with all the channels and switches typically only default to the 4 stick channels being programmed by default.

Just an update for anybody  checking  on Tarot retracts....

As mentioned I got these legs from BangGood - no spec sheets or anything but the legs in the plain none Tarot box.
A general search  brought up a seller in the UK..... who point out  to potential buyers that...... these legs require a separate "controller andpower supply".   Its looks like the gadget needs wiring into the 12v supply!

https://www.flyingtech.co.uk/electronics/tarot-retractable-landing-gear-controller-tl8x002