vgwit

Strange vibration in Yaw in Revo
« on: August 12, 2018, 05:53:02 pm »
I used CC3D so far with my quad and then desided to upgrade to Revo and GPS. Have written 16.09 firmware into it. Configuration succeeded but without precise magnetometer outdoor calibration so far. Just indoor. So I set Basic estimation algorithm in hope GPS and magnetometer data won't influence motor's speed.  All PID settings are default. But I can't fly. When I give a little throttle it looks normal but if I lift the quad by hand it begins to vibrate in yaw. When I try to take off quad starts fast spinning in yaw. I feel smth is wrong in yaw stabilisation. If I set inner loop PID settings in yaw to zero vibration disapperes. What's wrong? My config in attachment.
Thanks.

Re: Strange vibration in Yaw in Revo
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 07:03:34 pm »
You describe two different things.  I am guessing that I am not understanding for one of them.  A video of oscillation and flight spin would help.

Spin in flight is usually caused by all motors spinning in the opposite direction of the way they should spin.  When switching from some other brand of firmware to LP, you must make sure that motors spin in correct direction and that correct props are put on the motors.  Two wrongs do NOT make a right.  You can't spin all the motors the wrong way and compensate by putting the wrong prop on each one.

Two diagonally opposite motors must spin one way and the other two must spin the other way.

Look on Vehicle page for picture of motor rotations.  If motors are all backwards and props are all backwards, there is a check box there to allow you to just use it as it is.

vgwit

Re: Strange vibration in Yaw in Revo
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 08:02:36 am »
Thank you Cliff,

have solved the problem. I'm using reversed props rotation direction and forgot to tick checkbox about that. I did it on CC3D but completely lost it in my mind.