xmarkx

Installing CC3D
« on: July 12, 2018, 03:52:01 pm »
Hey everyone, I' ve decided to post here and publish some of my questions regarding the installation procedure. First of all I' ve bought a board from ebay.com and I am not quite sure if it is OK or it is a cheap clone of CC3D since the hardware blueprints are opensource. I have attached my board in a photo. I have downloaded LibrePilot 16.09 to setup my board. First of all I need to ask if there is a difference with OpenPilot and if OpenPilot has some more features that I could use. I think that both of them can setup my board. Am I right?

As far as LibrePilot concern, I went through the Wizard and I have a warning/error as i attached it. What is going wrong? I also have the result of my setup.

• Receiver/TX used: Turnigy 9XR Pro

• Turnigy PLUSH ESC 18A
  • QUANUM MT2212 Motor

Is the setup OK? Do I have PWM or PPM Signals? Do I have the correct ESC choosen?

thanks in advance guys...

Re: Installing CC3D
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 04:11:56 pm »
LibrePilot is the rebirth of the now dead OpenPilot project and should be considered a newer version than OpenPilot.

The final version of OpenPilot removed CC3D support, but LP put it back in.

Your board probably comes with an old version of OpenPilot on it.

The version of firmware inside the board must match the version of PC software running or some (many / all) things will not work.

Start by updating the firmware.  Make sure the bootloader version is up to date first.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/5669026/Firmware+Tab

Then rerun the setup wizard.

xmarkx

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 05:22:12 pm »
Ok got it, i ll continue with LP. I have posted two photos from my board. I guess that this has OpenPilot. Is there any problem if i upload firmware about LP? I think that I need to flash CC3D   4   bu_cc3d.opfw bootloader. Am I correct? :/ And then I will run a Automatic reboot method. to get things done.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 06:12:44 pm »
For all things, LP should just be considered a newer version of OP.

You may not have to update the BL, but it doesn't hurt.  Just be aware that you will have to re-install the firmware after updating the bootloader since BL update wipes out firmware for technical reasons.  Follow wiki instructions.  It is basically impossible to permanently damage a board without a hammer (or big static electricity spark in the wrong place, or plugging in too much power).  The worst thing you can do is install the wrong bootloader, and even then you can use an FTDI and cable to flash it using the System Boot Loader.  All other user errors can be fixed with the GCS in one way or another.