Uday

CC3D IMUs seem to be broken
« on: July 11, 2018, 04:17:40 pm »
Hi forum,

I bought three CC3Ds from Amazon and have 2 identical drone setups going. However, both drones suffer from drift and when I plug in the CC3Ds to my computer, under the Flight Data tab it claims that the drone is moving even when I have it set still on a tabletop. I have already tried recalibrating from the Configuration => Attidude setting and under the Vehicle Setup Wizard, but none of them steady the IMUs for whatever reason.

Setup:
Motor: Cheetah 1510
ESC: Hobbywing 10A X-Rotor
Transmitter: Turnigy 9X
Receiver: Turnigy iA8
Power Distribution: Wires soldered together with one leading to a 7805 voltage regulator connected to the receiver, powering the CC3D
Battery: Turnigy 1000mAh 20C continuous 30C burst 3 cell 11.1V

Re: CC3D IMUs seem to be broken
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 02:47:11 am »
I'm guessing you are talking about moving in a rotation sense...

With motors off, if you look at the Scopes page you will see this, but everywhere else you will not see it.  Scopes page keeps magnifying it till there is something to show...

And if they fly OK, that is another way to say to not worry about it.

Exactly what is moving?

Drift is normal and impossible to avoid the same way that when you drive your car and take hands off wheel, you will be in one ditch or the other within a minute or less.  (Unless you have a GPS and are flying a GPS flight mode.)

Uday

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 04:09:02 pm »
Well my problem is that when I try to get the drone to hover, it always ends up drifting instead of holding steady. Is there something in Librepilot I have to change?

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 04:17:42 pm »
Drift is normal and impossible to avoid the same way that when you drive your car and take hands off wheel, you will be in one ditch or the other within a minute or less.  (Unless you have a GPS and are flying a GPS flight mode.)

But... You can and should minimize drift.  If it is not caused by wind and it is always in the same direction you can use transmitter trims to adjust for it, but it is better to adjust RotateVirtual... in Attitude->Settings

In LP, CC3D can't use GPS flight modes and to stay in one place it must use a GPS flight mode.

Uday

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 04:33:32 pm »
It's much less that I want it to "stay in one place" so much as I just want it to eventually just be able to hover in one "z-axis" region when it's only throttle that's active. I'll try your solutions later today.