Parris

Flips and rolls . ZMR 250 . LOS .
« on: June 30, 2018, 09:15:55 pm »
Hello All ,

I have , Rattitude > Rattitude > Axislock > Cruisecontrol , in Flight Mode 3 .

Sabilization :

Advanced :  120    120
                      700    700    475
                     1080  1080   300

Expert :

MaxAngle , 120
                     MaxThrust , 100

Do these settings look okay ? Are the MaxAngle and MaxThrust too high ?

Thanks for any responses or suggestions .

Thanks ,

Parris
Parris

Re: Flips and rolls . ZMR 250 . LOS .
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 10:21:59 pm »
I don't know about your PIDs.  All models tune a bit differently.

Be aware that besides tuning PIDs, where there is really only one truly correct set of numbers and you just need to be close to that (OK, there is the "photographers want smoothness and are willing to give up quickness", so call it a line instead of a point in the PID adjustment space), that you can also adjust the rotation rates.  The rotation rates are basically "stick sensitivity" and are adjusted to what you want it to feel like.

Those CruiseControl settings are not deadly but...  Now days, 100% for MaxThrust is OK, since we no longer need to leave "head room".  The MaxAngle is just the angle where it considers itself to be more like upside down than right side up, and automatically cuts the motor power (even with the throttle stick still high) so that the aircraft isn't actively pulling itself toward the ground when upside down.  The default of 105 degrees or something like that is so that you can do a 90 degree bank without being careful to avoid motors shutting off just because you did 91 degrees.  I wouldn't set it to 120 because that means you can get significant downward thrust when you do 30 degrees past a 90 degree bank.  Note that even when inverted and it slows the motors way down, it still can use any amount of power it wants for stabilization / control (unless you move the throttle stick to zero which forces the motors all off as a safety off switch).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 12:00:55 am by TheOtherCliff »

Parris

Re: Flips and rolls . ZMR 250 . LOS .
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 11:20:44 pm »
Thanks , TheOtherCLiff ,

That helped me understand the functions in CruiseControl a little more . I have been feeling that my quad was pushing down to the ground a little too much before the flip begins . I will try lowering the MaxAngle a bit . Lower my Attitude Mode Response from 120 to 100 . And , tweak the MaxThrust down in increments . I think I'll take the Mode Transition up from 80% to 90% , so I don't feel as if I have to be snapping the Roll/Pitch stick . PID adjustments after a few batteries .

Thanks ,

Parris

Parris