Re: GCS Circle Waypoint
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2018, 02:21:15 am »
Thanks you f5soh for the fix for event alarms.  It did work and stopped the alarms however I was still unable to resolve my BARO issues, which I caused by replacing it.  I must have damaged the FC board with too much heat.  I'll never do that again.  I have bought a new FC and set it up including thermo calibration and it's flying great.  The circle waypoints are working as well.  The verbose descriptions are a great help with the waypoint editor.  The only little thing I see that doesn't seem quite right is that my BARO altitude reading on the scope are low.  When I first received the FC and before setting it up I looked at the BARO scope reading and it was almost exactly the same as my location, 330 Meters.  Now after a complete setup it shows 266 Meters.  The GPS is reporting 333 Meters altitude.  It didn't seem to affect any flight characteristics but why are they no longer the same?
LJI S380
Revo
4 LDPower 2312 - 960KV
4 FlyColor Raptor 30A
Spektrum SPM4649T
4000 4S1P Battery
8 x 4.5 Props
Ubox Neo M8N with 12c Compass

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2018, 05:42:39 am »
Two things about baro altitiude:
- It is all relative, it only really matters how much the altitude changes.  It doesn't matter if it changes from 330 to 340 or from 560 to 570.  They are both up 10 meters.  Any absolute altitude is basically based on GPS altitude (also inaccurate).
- It changes with the weather.  That is why you can't use absolute baro altitude from one day to fly the next day.

Baro altitude is better for short term, during a flight and to hold current altitude.  GPS altitude is more accurate from one day to another day, but can still vary 3 to 4 meters, so you best not use absolute altitudes that require better accuracy/precision than 4 meters.

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 02:40:48 am »
I just discovered my new FC is reporting EVENT errors, but now I know for sure what is causing them.  When they were gone I had done f5soh's Throttled to Periodic fix but I had done them with the Telemetry connected via USB.  When I switch to OPLINK operation, then I get the EVENT errors.  So I set the Flight Mode settings back to default and the EVENT errors are gone when using USB Telemetry and come back as soon as OPLINK is used. I have the Revo set for 1.6 power level and the Coordinator set for 50.  I have tried setting the data link rate down to 57600 for both. No change. 
LJI S380
Revo
4 LDPower 2312 - 960KV
4 FlyColor Raptor 30A
Spektrum SPM4649T
4000 4S1P Battery
8 x 4.5 Props

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 02:55:07 am »
You need to increase the data rate at all points on both sides to get rid of those events.  For instance if using OpLink with CC3D, you need to increase air data rate on both OpLinks and also increase the FC to OpLink baud rate.  In this case in next (not 16.09), it is a good idea to keep air data rate about twice as high as baud rate.  In 16.09 this is done automatically since the air data rate is listed as baud rate and is automatically "doubled".

I would also run the same RF power on both ends.

You can also go through and disable a lot of unused telemetry data, but that is an advanced topic.

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2018, 01:50:45 pm »
SUCCESS.....Problem Solved...I set OPLINK and REVO FC air data rate to 128000 and both the EVENT alarms and Master Caution are gone when Telemetry is connected via OPLINK.
Thank you for the fix.
LJI S380
Revo
4 LDPower 2312 - 960KV
4 FlyColor Raptor 30A
Spektrum SPM4649T
4000 4S1P Battery
8 x 4.5 Props