Darne

Unable to get sbus working on cc3d
« on: June 21, 2018, 01:03:44 am »
Hi all

Have a new quad-build that was working fine on pwm with the Turnigy iA10B-radio.
Decided to make a cleaner build by replacing my bulgy pwm with a supersmall Turnigy FS-A8S radio and switch to sbus.

I'm using the Mains port ground, 5v and signal on pin 1,2 and 4 as described.
Radio is binded to my transmitter and i get solid LED on rx but i can't get any radioinput in the GCS.

Have tried setup many times both manually and by the wizard but always ending up without any readings from radio/stickmovements from sbus.

Any ideas?

Re: Unable to get sbus working on cc3d
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 04:21:27 pm »
Have you tried using the Transmitter setup wizard to get it going again?

Darne

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 10:04:53 am »
Yes, multiple times. I now run on ppm, cause I couldn't get sbus to work. It's fine just annoying...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 11:30:14 am »
You can try the IBus input as well.
Any input change in hardware page need a reboot to be applied.
No need to start the wizard, you can monitor Receiver activity in Input tab > top-right corner.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 09:22:42 am »
On the A8S reciever,  Pin 3 is ibus/sbus.

If you've had it connected pin 4, then you'll only be able to operate it as PPM.  It shouldn't matter running it either PPM or SBUS, as essentially you'll be using 3 wires for either install. PPM will give 8 channels (i believe), where-as SBUS will give you loads more.  Just depends on how many channels you need, but if it's working with PPM, I'd stick with that if you don't need more channels.

There is a sequence on the A8S that you'll need to carry out if you want to use SBUS, however, some early models of this receiver would default back to IBUS the next time the receiver was powered back on.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 12:57:12 am »
You can't have both wired, cut the ppm and just use the S.bus connection. See if that helps.
Hi all

Have a new quad-build that was working fine on pwm with the Turnigy iA10B-radio.
Decided to make a cleaner build by replacing my bulgy pwm with a supersmall Turnigy FS-A8S radio and switch to sbus.

I'm using the Mains port ground, 5v and signal on pin 1,2 and 4 as described.
Radio is binded to my transmitter and i get solid LED on rx but i can't get any radioinput in the GCS.

Have tried setup many times both manually and by the wizard but always ending up without any readings from radio/stickmovements from sbus.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk