Re: Help! orange input flag-cannot arm.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 05:25:39 pm »
Probably not.  IIRC at least at one time there was an I2C mag/baro module, but I think it was removed.  You can look in System->Settings->HwSettings->OptionalModules.

There is Mag/Baro and Altitude. then i guess it might be possible but probably unlikely,

I found the rotate virtual but I'm not sure how much of each i should use. I'll look into it. Although I got the hex to fly, it wasnt pretty or smooth. It's not flyable, so maybe that will help.

It's going from armed to super speed by bearly moving the sticks. I fixed this before but I can't recall how i did it. I had it very gradual.

I adjusted the throttle curve but it didn't help. It takes off so fast that it just hops around. It won't gradually spin up and rise.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 06:15:03 pm by Seven5555 »

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 06:11:00 pm »
LibrePilot does not support Naze32 FC (yet?).

I found the rotate virtual but I'm not sure how much of each i should use. I'll look into it. Although I got the hex to fly, it wasnt pretty or smooth. It's not flyable, so maybe that will help.

It's going from armed to super speed by bearly moving the sticks. I fixed this before but I can't recall how i did it. I had it very gradual.

RotateVirtual is just degrees of bank angle and it only works in the self leveling modes like Attitude, Rattitude.  I suggest you start out with 3 degrees of angle change.  I try to get it down to fractions of a degree so that it drifts the least amount possible.
- if it is drifting forward you subtract from pitch
- if it is drifting left you subtract from roll

If you mean the motors go from not moving at all to super speed, then do ESC calibration and neutral setting.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/12058743/ESC+Calibration

Controlling your altitude takes a little practice.  Like driving a car and following a car in traffic, it only takes very small change in accelerator pedal.

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 07:15:47 pm »
I just did all of that,before i do, do you think it could be the neutral setting for the throttle isn't right vs the neutral setting for the motors?

I'll calibrate the esc's per your suggestion. i just feel like im forgetting something here

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 08:09:54 pm »
Yes.  That may be your whole problem, but it means that the whole bottom half of the throttle stick does nothing.  Is that what is happening?

Input setting for Thrust/Throttle is about 40 above min, so if min is 1000, then neutral is about 1040.

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 06:09:20 pm »
I'm not really getting that for some reason. In the output tab, the motors start nice n slow but when I arm it, the throttle doesn't start the motors until its almost halfway up and they start way to hot. Its uncontrollable. I've been making adjustments but its not getting better. Sometimes wrapping my head around all of this is easier than others..

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 03:41:05 am »
Min/max for throttle input should be the same as the other main channels.  Input Neutral should be about 40 above min; if min is 1000, neutral should be 1040.

(For standard PWM* ESC protocol) Min/max for motors (Output) should be about 1000/1900 and neutral should be such that motors run slowly there.  Usually that means about 1070 for neutral if min is 1000.

If you do this, your problem should be fixed.

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 09:37:58 am »
Okay, that makes sense. It was my tx calibration. I have been doing it wrong. Now it's oscillating but I doubt that is the firmware. Can't get a break with this thing.

Hey I want say I really appreciate taking time and your help. I've not had much interaction with others in this hobby. I hope that I can help you down the sometime  too.

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 05:38:16 pm »
Stick pictures oscillating in transmitter wizard means you did not move each stick (and switch/knob/slider) that is used to max positions when it told you to?

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 03:34:23 am »
Oh I meant the hexcopter oscillates, when it's hovering. Especially when throttling up vertically. I calibrated everything, it better but its still doing it. its llooks like a an invisible shifting weight at the outer edge of the all props
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:50:45 am by Seven5555 »

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 07:12:03 am »
First thing to know is that the default PIDs require that the ESC protocol is at least as fast as PWM@490 or PWMSync ... or you can have oscillations.

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 09:22:08 pm »
really? is there a way to check that or should I try a lower number?

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 10:05:37 pm »
Be aware that Stabilization->Advanced->ThrustPIDScaling is designed exactly to fix the problem where it hovers OK, but oscillates at high power.  It also helps increase stability when descending in your own downwash.

Very Important!  Do you know that your ESC Output banks are all set for at least PWM@490 and set the same?

---

You can just try multiplying all PID numbers (Stabilization "Advanced" tab, 9 inner loop numbers and 6 outer loop numbers) by say 0.75 each number.

I think another way that works is to reduce the Vehicle->MixLevel sliders by the same factor.

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 11:30:45 am »
Yes I do but honestly, I'm not sure what 490hz means..

I will check out the pids like you said

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2018, 12:42:23 pm »
... 490 times a second, where 50hz is just 50 times a second.

Stock PIDs assume that it responds in much less than 1/50th of a second.