cato

What Gimbal controller to use
« on: January 04, 2016, 09:28:04 pm »
Well, the title sais it: I am about to add a gimbal to my Cinetank, and not at all sure which controller to use. I have a 2 axis gimbal already, but not controller so far.

Any suggestions?

Edit: sorry, this was meant to go to "Aerial video". Could some moderator move it?
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

Zrisst

Re: What Gimbal controller to use
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 09:01:07 am »
Hello.

Now I'm using BaseCam Tiny board: https://www.basecamelectronics.com/simplebgc32tiny/

It's 32bit, veeeery flexible, and with a good customer service. It is a 3 axis board, with a on-board IMU (frame) and a remote IMU (camera), ADC inputs, UART comm port, accepts PWM, PPM, sbus, FC controlling, almos anything you can imagine. About setting it up... not easy, but not harder than making fine tuning of a Revo. Lots of config options (Follow over one, two or three axis, different axis lock options, scripting). Also you can configure almost any motor/gimbal hardware; option for external magnetometers, step encoders...
Perfect stabilization in slow or hard manoeuvres, good second RC controlling options.

BaseCam Also has a 2 axis 8 bit controller. expandable with an external board for the third,(sold by DYS) http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/DYS-3-Axis-8bit-Mini-Controller_60035092885.html?spm=a2700.7724838.38.11.CyLUyQ . I have two of these, and I only can say my experience with the 8bit one is not good; very very difficult to set up, I couldn't get them to work properly ever.

We work also with DJi Phantom 3Pro, and a Custom Built camera gimbal for a 3KG BlackMagic camera, and the better stab we get is with the Basecam 32bit.

If you want more info, config help, or examples of raw (not After Effects stabilized) or something, just say.

Hope useful. Greetings.
Algunos salían a buscar la inmortalidad con tanta intensidad que no volvían.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (de los pilotos de prueba).