Re: RevoNano and LED using WS281x
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 04:45:10 am »
Revo mini uses a flexiIO port with 8 pins (instead of 10pins in original Revo) and they removed the pin3/pin4 used for WS281x leds.
So Revo Mini do not work in all places, but only servo connectors.

Yes, and it probably doesn't have an SWD port, and if you want OpLink telemetry, you have to buy that separately and plug it in a port that doesn't even exist on normal Revo.  The ports and pins that are there act the same as a normal Revo.  Normal Revo does not have those pins in the cable, so to use you must add pins to the connector.

The point I was making is that the code running inside cannot tell the difference and so if the LED works in one place, it should work in the other place.  (I presume the MCU runs at the same frequency.)

karla

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 09:32:47 am »
So far, I've only tried using servo output 6 ...

That did not work right?
I tried it and its like the wiki say, only servo output 1 will work.
I bet you setting up a heli and you only have output 6 free?

Same for me but that means you have 1 out of 6 free, so just move all the outputs down the line one output. So that output 2 plugs to your previous servo 1, and output 3 connects to previous servo 2, etc
Doing that will leave output 1 free to connnect to the LED thingi.

Have a look in my first post config file, that's exactly what's configured there for a heli 450 size.
seems though there are other issues around  :)

Hope it will help you  :)

karla

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 10:01:45 am »
from recent posts from oldtimers I get confused
are revo mini and revo nano different boards?  :o

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 10:15:29 am »
Yes, revo-mini is nano-sized normal revolution board, without oplink (but has additional connector for it, it just exposes mcu pins that are used for onboard oplink module in regular revo), has regular f405 mcu running at 168mhz.

revo-nano is the one you have, which has f411 mcu, running at 100mhz and the rest of the oddities.

karla

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 10:34:32 am »
thanks - got it

karla

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2018, 12:25:38 pm »
Done some tests this evening

Doing reboot after each line ...
1. setting FMS to Atti on all positions (just to rule it out for later tests) - no change
2. setting from INS13 to Basic (in case it is ATTI / STAB) (for this test, see when problem happens, as ATTI / STAB / GPS go green) - no change
3. disabling GPS - no change
4. disabling outputs on receiver port - no change
5. disabling telemetry on mainport - no change

However I have not physically disconnected the cables from the board...
Should I?