Rookey

Tricopter stabilizing problem!!
« on: April 10, 2018, 07:56:13 am »
Hello everyone,
I started making a tricopter (HJY3) on my own and i've got a problem flying the drone straight up.

One of the motor couldn't get enough thrust as other drone and flips to that side and break my propellers.
I've calibrated the ESCs using LibrePilot and have selected the min thrust for all 3 motors. I haven't done anything in the PID section, yet. should I configure PID first, before attempting to fly the drone? Or there is some other step to be taken care of before configuring PID, Moreover what else remains after PID configure.

Also should the propellers move CCW when the motors are running CW or vice versa? if yes, then how does this effect tricopter? (btw I've 10x4.5L propellers for my drone)

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 09:38:40 am by Rookey »

mr_w

• LibrePilot
Re: Tricopter stabilizing problem!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 02:41:32 am »
For tricopters, the motor direction does not really matter all that much (*). You can even have all three doing same direction, as long as the props are pushing air DOWN. That is the only requirement for lifting off :)

karla

Re: Tricopter stabilizing problem!!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 04:37:23 am »
Consider to run the Vehicle Setup Wizard and select tricopter, that will save you lots of time and give defaults for everything, a good starting point?
The wizard is located at GCS Configuration, Vehicle.