6 position flight switch - can it work
« on: March 10, 2018, 03:48:02 pm »
Hi Librepilots,

I have been tinkering a bit and am now stuck... See attached pics (receiver not connected in these pics).

I installed the taranis 6 position switch in my Flysky I6 (I replaced one of the pots on the radio with the switch).

https://www.banggood.com/FrSky-Taranis-X9E-6-Position-Switch-Pot-Knob-p-1043146.html?currency=GBP&createTmp=1&utm_source=ebay&utm_medium=cpc_ods&utm_content=heath&utm_campaign=SKU363411-GB&ebay=undefined&cur_warehouse=CN

I was hoping librepilot would pick it up as 6 position and allow me to select 6 flight modes. Which it does, but not read the 6 positions correctly.

Problem is, after running  transmitter setup wizard, librepilot sees it but cannot switch to all 6 positions as they are not evenly split across the switch/channel value, they are as follows:

Pos 1 = 1000 uS
Pos 2 = 1197 uS
Pos 3 = 1247 uS
Pos 4 = 1330 uS
Pos 5 = 1494 uS
Pos 6 = 2000 uS

Librepilot evenly spreads the flight mode count across the channel value.

Can I manually tell Librepilot were to see the switch points (instead of it automatically spreading the points evenly across the channel value)? So I could tell Librepilot when the channel value is at:

1000uS it should be flight switch position 1
1220uS it should be flight switch position 2
1270uS it should be flight switch position 3
and so on

I see Taranis users who install this switch set a curve on the radio to spread the switch points evenly - I cannot do this on my Flysky I6 (being a cheap, but good little radio).

Hope this makes sense? If not I will try and explain a bit more.

Thanks fellow pilots.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: 6 position flight switch - can it work
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 05:57:48 pm »
Assuming this switch output values are all except linear, you can try the following settings for flightmode channel:
Min: 1100 Neutral: 1290  Max: 1700
Change values manually in Input tab and save.

Re: 6 position flight switch - can it work
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 12:32:53 pm »
Thanks, that works perfectly. 6 position switch now up and running.

Always great help on this forum.