LP next on Oplink mini - HC-05 dongle not working
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:43:16 am »
Hi all
I've upgraded my Sparky 2 and an Opllink mini to LP next. The Oplink mini is connected to a HC-05 bluetooth dongle that was working perfectly with 16.09 but after the upgrade to next I'm no longer able to connect to it. On the other hand the communications between the Sparky 2 Oplink module and the Oplink mini is working without issues.
I used the same configuration, namely in terms of the serial speeds but to no avail. Is it necessary to do anything in particular to the BT dongle after such an upgrade?
I've attached both the 16.09 and next UAV settings for the Oplink mini if that may help.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards
M A

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: LP next on Oplink mini - HC-05 dongle not working
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 09:59:23 am »
In next config you set the Auxiliary stream redirected to MainPort, using a connected Sparky can be a MavLink output.
You should set the 'Radio Primary' redirected to MainPort (in OPLink radio) because at source the Telemetry from Sparky is send to 'Radio Primary' by default.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 10:35:31 am »
Hi f5soh
I think I have yet to understand the concept of redirection between the data sources and the Primary or Aux data streams. I've tried your suggestion but without success.
I've attached the UAV settings for the Sparky 2 as well as a few screen shots that may be of significance to you.
I'd like to try out all possibilities before going back to 16.09 where everything was working perfectly.
Thanks again for your efforts.
Regards
M A

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 11:01:40 am »
Depend what you want for Ground software receiving data through Bluetooth connection... LP GCS or something else ?

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 11:03:00 am »
Right now I'm struggling with a pure LP setup.
Both the Sparky 2 and the Oplink mini in the radio have LP next compiled by myself under Windows.
M A

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 11:16:55 am »
So redirecting 'Primary radio' to MainPort fixes your issue.
Working fine here, GCS shows remote Sparky while connected to OPLink Radio - MainPort

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 11:30:07 am »
Thank you so much f5soh,
That did put everything back in place.
Unfortunately LP2Go on Android does not have the correct UAVO file. Do you have an idea where can I get it so that I can use LP2Go with the next LP firmware? Maybe it has been built when I compiled LP next but I do not know what file LP2Go needs.
Thanks in advance.
M A

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 11:33:03 am »
Take a look here

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 11:44:26 am »
Thank you, again f5soh,
You are a LP-Fu master. Everything is working perfectly now with LP next in my setup.
My next (no pun intended) step will be to try using two Oplink minis as radios as we discussed on the other thread.
Best regards,
M A

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 12:02:08 pm »
;D

Next tip: if you want to optimize range you can lower the 'Air Data Rate' to 100000.
This will give the same result as 16.09 with 57600 baudrate setting.