Anibalch

SBUS/GPS RevoLUTION
« on: February 18, 2018, 12:28:58 pm »
Good morning, I have two Revo cards, one mini that I already gave up using the GPS and the other Revo is a complete one with OPLink, I ask for your guidance on the problems below

1- I never get that the figure of the drone that appears in Flight Data is with the same orientation of my plate, is it?

2- I have Taranis and I'm using SBUS on MainPort, I get connection with all the channels in the "Input Channel Configuration" and all the channels also appear in "No activity" the configuration is perfect, the problem is that when I realize the Wizard it stops in Flight Mode channel and I can not get INPUT in Flight Data to go green, not releasing MASTER CAUTION

Doubt

1 - GPS in Basic (complementary) mode makes any difference in stabilization in AtittudeHold or Atittudevario flight modes?

2- I tried to use the GPS connected to MainPor and Compass in the FlexiPort, out of any interference and outside the Frame, and I could not connect the compass, getting the I2C red, what can it be?

3 - If I can use Compass, can I use the GPS on Receiver Port and Compass on FlexiPort? So my free MainPort

4- What configuration can be used in CourseLock mode? In all that I tried it gives error. Is the flight mode the same as HEADFREE from INAV and NAZA -M LITE?

Sorry for asking so much, but I'm almost giving up on uasr the LibrePilot, I still gave up for the attention you give users

Sorry, my english is by translation.

Thank You

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: SBUS/GPS RevoLUTION
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 01:10:18 pm »
Hi,

1- I never get that the figure of the drone that appears in Flight Data is with the same orientation of my plate, is it?
Since you can rotate move the 3D figure using the mouse, this give only some sort of vehicle orientation.
The Model View page will give some shortcut to use.

2- I realize the Wizard it stops in Flight Mode channel and I can not get INPUT in Flight Data to go green, not releasing MASTER CAUTION
You should define a switch/receiver output mapping in your taranis, you will find tutorials in Youtube for 3 states and also 6 states using two switches.
Red input means something is not configured correctly in input page.

Master Caution should be something related to Attitude estimation initialization.
Some of this mini Revo have a noisy sensor and since the Attitude > "Wait until the board is steady" is checked the init could not be achieved.
Solution can be disabled the "wait steady" feature or increase the value (System tab >UAVOBrowser>BoardSteadyMaxVariance) assuming the sensor is effectively noisy.

1 - GPS in Basic (complementary) mode makes any difference in stabilization in AtittudeHold or Atittudevario flight modes?
Should not, except if GPS is really bad and report wrong altitudes even it reports 3D fix.

2- I tried to use the GPS connected to MainPort and Compass in the FlexiPort, out of any interference and outside the Frame, and I could not connect the compass, getting the I2C red, what can it be?
Could be a wire too long and/or a lack of pull-up resistors in your GPS.
What GPS do you use ? Sometimes the GPS show "Compass" and the mag sensor is not soldered inside...

3 - If I can use Compass, can I use the GPS on Receiver Port and Compass on FlexiPort? So my free MainPort
Yes

4- What configuration can be used in CourseLock mode? In all that I tried it gives error. Is the flight mode the same as HEADFREE from INAV and NAZA -M LITE?
CourseLock is a GPS assisted flightmode, you need a accurate Mag, a GPS and run the INS13 attitude estimation with 16.09.
Take a look at GPS Flight Modes Wiki page

If you plan to use GPS flight modes, you should consider using the current GCS version from Next branch.

Anibalch

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 01:54:10 pm »
Thanks for the answer, my GPS revo is a RadioLink SE100 I believe has Compass, for a 280 frame with the board and the GPS far from the interferences, I will follow your advice
You make the difference for the attention to users, my suggestion is to develop in the future a "Libre Pilot" light option for the mini boards that are very popular, leaving the current one for those who want to specialize, the current one is very complete but precise of good knowledge
Thank you

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 02:22:03 pm »
Seems your GPS uses a QMC5883L clone of HMC5883L and this clone do not seems compatible with HMC5883L.
http://wiki.epalsite.com/index.php?title=HMC5883L%28Or_QMC5883L%29_Electronic_Compass

Maintaining two GCS versions, one "Light" and another "Complete" is something we cannot do and may need more time where we are already giving our free time.
One solution can be improve documentation into the Wiki page, every user freely registered into Atlassian can amend the current Wiki.