Robocat basic setup
« on: February 15, 2018, 02:53:56 am »
I need to find out which frame under setup I need to use for robocat. Which template has worked best for youre cat. Also were r the pid settings which screen.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Robocat basic setup
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 04:59:52 pm »
You will find some videos on Youtube with PID numbers you can change using the Config > Stabilization tab

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 11:05:27 pm »
The pid settings are such small print I can’t read them unless u know of a video I can read. Please leave links to video

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:13:10 pm »

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 11:42:03 pm »
Thanks for pid. Anyone else have another I can try

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 01:27:47 am »
I've been around a while, and even I would try the default settings for first flight.  That is default settings, not template settings from the list of models.

I would guess that more people get in trouble trying to copy someone else's settings / PIDs than get into trouble with default settings.

An expert flier can use better PIDs to get better times in an FPV race, but I would guess that a beginner wouldn't know the difference.  My car doesn't have a race tuned suspension, but I still enjoy driving it.

So that said, have you tried it with default settings?  If so, what do you think is wrong about it?  Have you flown factory tuned quads, even the small ones to have something to compare it to?

There is EasyTune and the like that allows you to use a transmitter knob to adjust PIDs in flight.  Setting that up is a great way to get to feel the difference in flight.

A quick way to try something different is to start with all the default PIDs and multiply all 6 inner loop PI's (not D) (Stabilization -> Advanced, and click Used Advanced Settings) by some number that is close to 1.0; say by 1.25 to increase PIDs or by 0.8 to reduce PIDs.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 10:59:48 pm »
Is the default settings in the model list as generic x quad. If not how do get default settings

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 07:11:00 am »
In that place I think it is more like "keep current settings" rather than naming a model, even the generic one.

Every setting in the GCS has a "default" button.  The PIDs are in the Stabilization tab.