MikeNH

Revolution board Sonar/Pwr port disabled.
« on: February 11, 2018, 06:40:28 pm »
What am I missing that would enable this port on the flight controller?

I'm trying to setup OSD voltage with a MinimOSD board using MWOSD and an 180A AttoPilot Voltage and Current Breakout Board connected to the Sonar/Pwr port.

With the AttoPilot plugged into the disabled port, the LibrePilot Flight Data screen provides accurate voltage after adjusting the VoltageFactor on the Systems page.

The problem is that this information is not transmitted to the FPV OSD. Again, what am I missing after doing lots of research. I presume this info will not be trnsmitted unless the Pwr Port is enabled.

I've attached the uav file in hopes that that will help.

Thank you.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Revolution board Sonar/Pwr port disabled.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 07:00:11 pm »
Disabled sonar port in HW page has nothing related to the OSD display. This Sonar port combobox is simply disabled at all times.
Since the values are displayed in PFD, the same values are sent to the OSD using the MSP protocol.

Be sure the OSD is configured to use the voltage and amperage from FC, not the sensor connected to the OSD and Amperage/Voltage set to be displayed of course.

MikeNH

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 07:37:41 pm »
BINGO! Thank You. I've been at this for days.

Should it have been obvious to me that although the port appears to be disabled, it is, in fact, operable for the voltage OSD? Also, the fact that the sensor is connected but the don't-use-sensor property, use-flight-controller as the voltage source setting, was not obvious to me.

I'm very appreciative of your time and prompt response but for a simple line of documentation, I would not have had to waste your time. I would like to update the documentation but again, if that's possible, it's not obvious.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:42:24 pm by MikeNH »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 10:07:04 pm »
The Configure a Current-Voltage sensor wiki page do not even mention the Sonar port in hardware page assuming it can't be enabled and this port is in fact always available for Volt/Amp sensor inputs.

Anyway if you want to update documentation, you're welcome.

MikeNH

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 11:24:28 pm »
Again, thank you for the prompt reply. I would like to add one sentence to that document. To do that do I use the "View Source" link?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 11:38:45 pm »
While connected (you need to register first), simply click the Edit button on top of page.

MikeNH

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 03:11:48 am »
The Configure a Current-Voltage sensor wiki page do not even mention the Sonar port in hardware page assuming it can't be enabled and this port is in fact always available for Volt/Amp sensor inputs.

Anyway if you want to update documentation, you're welcome.

In fact the  Configure a Current-Voltage sensor page depicts a sensor connected to the Sonar port. On the one hand "...it can't be enabled ..." and on the other hand "...it's always available for Volt/Amp sensor inputs.

If you could discuss this a little more, I'd like to update the doc so newbees like me can understand.

Thanks

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 04:11:20 am »
I think we already discussed the topic:
- This Sonar port combobox is simply disabled at all times, this mean not used in GUI.
- The documentation do not even mention the Sonar port in hardware page assuming it can't be enabled and do not have any effect in configuration.

All the configuration is done using the UAVOBrowser.

MikeNH

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 01:24:15 pm »
Thank you. I appreciate your time and all the good work you've done on the LibrePilot project.