ESCs not calibrating / beeping
« on: January 15, 2018, 05:07:41 pm »
I continue to have issues with my first drone. This time it seems that none of the ESCs are calibrating properly. They do not beep when battery power is applied or during the vehicle setup with the LP wizard. I know that voltage is going through the ESCs since I've checked each one (about 4.23) separately. I've also used two different CC3D controllers so I do not believe that they are the problem either. I attempted to test a motor anyway and there was no response. Could all of the ESCs be bad or did I miss some vital step? Thanks for any responses.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: ESCs not calibrating / beeping
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 05:18:23 pm »
Do you have a motor connected to the Esc ?

I've checked each one (about 4.23) separately
Can you explain from where this value comes ?

Mateusz

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 05:33:31 pm »
I had similar issue with Emax 4in1 ESC. They were not beeping because my PSU was not providing enough current or voltage was too low. ESCs were 3-4S and I tried to power with voltage similar to 2S. I had some wired behavior. But generally if ESCs don't beep, it's not Librepilot issue. It's ESC internal issue. They should beep once you connect battery even without any flight controller connected.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 07:12:54 pm »
I have one motor connected using three attachment cables to check the direction of rotation of the motor. As for the voltage, I checked that with a lipo battery voltage tester (just one of those mini testing devices)